cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find JVM logs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP Web AS and I am migrating a J2EE application from Weblogic and I am considerably successful in that but I am not able to find the JVM logs I searched help.sap.com but without much success.Can any body suggest me where can I find the JVM logs(System.out and System.err) of the application.

Thanks in advance.

Ashok.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

by default, both logs should be saved in the \usr\sap\<SID>\JC<nr>\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\default.trc file.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the file which have mentioned but i am not able to find anything there. For example I have given System.out.println("Simple"); in my servlet and I wnat to find the message whare it is stored. I think you got my point.

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have not changed your log configuration - that's the file you need. The reason that you're not able to see your System.out message there is that the severity of this log location is too high (Error by default). You might want to lower it (for example, set it to DEBUG) and see if you have your message in the defaultTrace.trc file.

To change the severity, you need to connect the Visual Administrator to the server, then locate the Log Configurator service, then open the Locations tab within the Runtime tab, then browse the ROOT_LOCATION tree down to System -> out, and then adjust the severity using the Severity: dropdown list. Here's a <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/61/f24f3e21504644e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">link</a> to the docs as well.

Hope this works now.