cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup connection to MaxDB??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to extract data from MaxDB database from ABAP program using native SQL . I know that i must create an connection first through transaction code DBCO. But i don't konw the connection string parameter that i must provide. For example, server name ,password. Can anyone provide the detail information for creating connection to MaxDB by tcode DBCO.

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I'm not too sure what your question really is...

Do you ask us, what the servername and the logon details for your MaxDB database are???

A complete description on how to use the secondary database connection with MaxDB can be found in note

Note [955670|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/955670] - DB multiconnect with MaxDB as secondary database.

Just like this example

DB Connection SDBTEST DBMS ADA User name SAPSDB DB password ****************************** / ****************************** Conn. info atvie090-SDB Permanent [ ]

The Conn-Info has the format <DB-HOSTNAME>-<DBSID>.

If the permanent-checkbox is checked than every workprocess will open this connection automatically - so this should be used with care.

I think that should explain it...

KR Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, thanks Lars, i need the string format of Conn.info

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't really help you regarding the request of creating a DB connection to MaxDB through transaction DBCO, but you could try to create one using transaction DB59. You can also perform a connection check there aswell.

Regards,

Roland