cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Commitment Check message

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are on SRM 4.0 and have funds availability turned on in the backend system (ECC 5.0). A user created a shopping cart using multiple sources. However, after the cart was approved, it would not transfer to the backend. We are getting the error message "error in commitment check". I looked everywhere I can possibly look and have not found anything wrong with the accounts. I even tried to create the requisition on the backend using the same sources and did not encounter any problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is causing this problem and how to resolve it?

Monique Stephens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We were able to correct the problem (sort of). The user had created the shopping cart using multiple accounts and split them by percentage. The percentages were two decimal places (for example, one account was getting charged 16.66). But, if we changed the percentage to a whole number (ie 17), the cart went through successfully.

That brings me to another question...is there a limit on the number of decimal places in SRM. I know in SAP, we can only go one decimal place. But, I don't know if that is in config or not. If there is a limit, is there a way to prevent users from going beyond the limit while creating the cart so that we don't encounter this problem in the future?

Monique

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can control this in the SAVE BADI implementation - BADI name - BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

Please reward points if useful.

Thanks and Regards

Kasee Palaniappan

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate? What would I be controlling?

Monique