Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning scenario for dedicated Sales offices

Private_Member_24235
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have cretaed an BI Planning scenario. In the Cube I have the Char. Sales office and Material and as key figures price and amount.

As first step I have loaded an Excel file in the cube with a set of Material numbers and prices, but not the sales office.

In the second step each planner should enter planning data in the cube via user entry query, but only for his dedicated Sales office.

When the user enters a variable entry for his dedicated sales office, the query gives "no data" as answer because the material upload of the first step contains no sales office.

How can I regulate, that each planner can only enter data for his Sales office? For me it seems that the only way is to ask for the Sales office, when the entry query is starting.

Any help would be great.

Best regards,

Stefan from Munich/Germany

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

If I understood your requirement correctly:

1) When you load an Excel file in the cube with a set of Material numbers and prices, but not the sales office then your cube contains records with material, price and Sales Office as "blank".

ie: Intially after the file upload, the contents of cube would be Sales Office: blank

Material : M1

Price : 200.

Sales Office: blank

Material : M2

Price : 150.

2) In the second step each planner should enter planning data in the cube via user entry query, but only for his dedicated Sales office.

When the user opens the layout and enters Sales Office in the variable screen(SO1), no data is displayed but only a Blank line(input row) which enables him to enter a new record.

If master data is maintained for Sales office,and the user clicks on F4 , he can select the Sales office for which he is authorized to. But still the Material, Price was uploaded at a different Aggregation level(which has no sales office in it).

I feel there needs to be a FOX function that the user should trigger so as to get the material, price to the current Sales office which user has selected.

Your FOX should realize a logic sumthing like :

{price,material,salesoffice} = {price,material,#}

Revert for further clarifications...

Best Regards

Shyam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need an authorization variable restriction on sales office for restricting the users to their specific sales offices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u need to hv master data for sales office.

Next u can hv variable for sales office and at run time u can enter sales office and give plan data for material and kf's as required.

Srinath