cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have written code in BBP_DET_TAXCODE_BADI for over writing of tax code for line items...i have NOT placed any condition for filter value seperately for BUS 2201 and BUS 2121 just i have written code when my line item's Account Assignment field is WBS then make that line item's tax code as 'M4' i.e, taxable...it is working fine with shopping cart even though i didn't wrote any filter value...unfortunately it is not working for Purchase order..please help..why it only working for SC but not PO..is there any other BADI for that...

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

You said it is working fine for SC but not for PO.

Did you check using BBP_PD transaction if taxes exist or not for the PO ?

Moreover, in BBP_POC transaction, is there a tax code and a tax amount at 'Basic Data' level (both for Header data and Item data) ?

I think, as the tax code is correctly determined for your Shopping Cart, it should be OK for your Purchase Order too.

Check also for PO created in R/3, at item level (tab 'Invoice' 😞 tax code should exist.

Tax is displayed among the total value when you create the SC. But if you use 'Check Status' web transaction, your SC amount should be a Net Value (not with tax).

It is the same for PO.

Regards.

Laurent

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is like this, the BADI implementation is called based on the filters. I am not sure, for what reason the BADI is getting called for the SC and not for PO.

As this is very particular case applicable to you, I would recommend you making a break point at the time of the BADI instance check and see what is happening?

Most probably the BADI implementation is not called for your PO. Error in production is dangerous, fix anyways has to go from your development. I recommend you directly check in debugging (development), why the call fails and fix.

As I am already using this BADI, I am pretty sure this gets called for both PO and SC as well. The possible error can be with the implementation only.

Do reward points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur replies...

Kasee Palaniappan, as u told u implemented this BADI...Did u use filter type in this BADI for seperating SC and PO..as i came to know this BADI can be used for both SC and PO WITHOUT any filter value..

One more Strange thing: My BADI is also working for PO which is already created(i.e, if a PO is kept in Held or Error in process) when i take an already created PO and try to change it by adding one more line item to it..here my code is working fine for PO..but when i create a fresh (new) PO from process purchase order screen sepeartely from the begiining my code is NOT working here..WHY this is acting something strangely...did i miss anything???

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RaviKiran,

Try putting filter for BUS2121 and BUS2201.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

already my implementaion has been moved to production...so i dont want to take risk of creating filter types..is there any other method..or any other BADI..

Thx

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure but try using this BADI BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI.

Imthiaz