cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload Hierarchy data into BW InfoObjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gone through the XI and BI integration document provided by SAP and I found out that using that method only Master data and Text data can be uploaded into Infoobejects using Flexible upload which doesnt support Hierarchy data upload.

I need to upload Hierarchy data into InfoObjects using SAP XI. Please suggest me the best way to upload the hierarchy data.

Thanks and Regards,

Shridhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.You can configure that way.But the best option for you to choose among the options and leverage the power of SAP XI as an integration tool rather than just as a passage for routing the message.

You can allot me points if am making some sense...:)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can say you can definetly uses XI as the integration platform for integrating R/3 with XI.

What is the kind of extraction method you are going to follow in RSO2?In any of the cases you can use RFC adapter for pulling the data from r/3 to xi .

I just want to know what is the rational behind going for XI.

The advantage is that data will be pulled by XI INSTEAD OF BW.Are we integrating this BW with any other OLAP Toools then the XI will be useful.

We can pull data from R/3 to SAP BW without using XI also.

if you can throw more light on what kind of datawarehousing solution is going to target..I would be able to add some of my thoughts..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First , thanks for your answer.

Concerning the scope of my project, currently we just have a SAP system to be integrated into BW but in a few times we will get also other OLAP Tools to integrate in BW. Also my customer want to manage all the message processing with only one product if it's possible and currently he use SAP XI for it so that's why he want's to use XI between SAP and BW.

If i understand weel your answer, i can use XI without defining XML file in BW I can use standard extractor so XI just transfert IDOC receving from SAP to BW , it that right ?

Thansk again.

Best regards.

Bertrand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Can you tell me where do you find this documentation because i'm currently working on a BW project where i have to use XI to integrate data from R/3 system.

Thanks in advance.

Bertrand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at it.....

There are two HowTo guides available dealing with this topic.

To push data from BW to XI, please check

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/biw/g-i/how to push data into bw from xi.pdf

To send data from XI to BW please check

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/biw/g-i/integrate bw via xi.pdf

Thanks

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi padma,

Thanks for yuor quick answer but sorry i already got this document.

My problem is to know if its possible to use XI as integration plateform between R/3 and BW and use standard extractor already define .

Can you help me ?

Best regards.

Bertrand.