cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Related to archiving objects and data to be archived

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I want to Archive data from R/3 system.I have a list of database tables with high growth.

Can anyone answer my following questions:

How do I prioritize the order in which data from certain tables is archived?

How can I determine which Archive object is to use from a list of objects for a particular table.(i used DB15)

Thanks.

Deepti .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti

How do I prioritize the order in which data from certain tables is archived?

In most cases, you set up archiving on a date range. Say you delete all records older one year. This should be answered by your buisness needs. You should check with your users about what data can either be archived or deleted.

How can I determine which Archive object is to use from a list of objects for a particular table.(i used DB15)

DB15 is the right place. It is a sub transaction of SARA, where the archiving is controlled. Just enter the name of the table and you will get the corresponding archiving object. For example for table MSEG you will need to set up archiving for object MM_MATBEL.

It might also be helpful to have a look a the generic big tables sap note: 706478 - Preventing Basis tables from increasing considerably

Some tables do not have an archiving object, but there exist various reorg jobs as well.

Regards Michael

Answers (0)