Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal error while fetching data from bi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am getting following error while fetching data from bi using select statement

i have written code in this way

SELECT [Measures].[D2GFTNHIOMI7KWV99SD7GPLTU] ON COLUMNS, NON EMPTY { [DEM_STATE].MEMBERS} ON ROWS FROM DEM_CUBE/TEST_F_8

error description when i click on test

Fatal Error

com.lighthammer.webservice.SoapException: The XML for Analysis provider encountered an error

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Chances are there is a problem with your syntax - try running the query in SAPGUI transaction MDXTest. You'll get better error messages this way that may help you diagnose the issue.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

and thanks to Sam!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i was able to solve this problem by configering mdxparser in sm59

0 Kudos

Hi

I Have this exact problem, what configuration in SM59 -> "MDX Parser" fixed the problem for you?

Best regards

Allan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Please refer to an excellent document written by Sam Castro for connecting to BI:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/458ba574-0a01-0010-2aab-d1ee76ee9820]

There is a troubleshooting section that may help.

Kind Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for answering .but when i tried writing the statement in transaction 'MDXTEST' and clicked on check i am getting following error

Error occurred when starting the parser: timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV'

Message no. BRAINOLAPAPI011

Diagnosis

Failed to start the MDX parser.

System Response

timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV'

Procedure

Check the Sys Log in Transaction SM21 and test the TCP-IP connection MDX_PARSER in Transaction SM59.

SO I WENT IN SM 59 TO CHECK THE CONNECTION.

CAN U TELL ME WHAT CONFIGERATION I NEED TO DO FOR MAKING SELECT STATEMENTS WORK?