cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with generating alerts within the XI environment. After following the documentation closely, our alerts are still NOT displayed in the inbox.

I can confirm the following:

The interface is a simple one that does NOT include a BMP process.

User Authorization - The XI user has all the authorization required

Scheduled Jobs - SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET has been scheduled to run every 5 mins and the user has the correct auth

End-to-End monitoring - The Futher Settings options has been set to every 5 mins as per the documentation

Monitoring Systems - All levels have been set to 'high'

Alert configuration - Created a new alert category and also create a new alert rule in runtime work bench

Trace log has been enabled for the alert category

When I go to trx alrtcatdef, under

Settings->Configuration (Shift F7), under the processing section and choose the 'Internal processing option', no alerts are triggered or sent to the Alert inbox. Even if I run trx SLG1, I can't see a trace of any of the alerts.

If I choose the 'SMTP Forwarding as XML', then email ARE generated. So I can see that my alert is being sent to the configured external email address.

However, I cant seem to get the alert to show up in the Alert inbox.

I have looked at Michael's web logs (the example and the trouble shooting guides) and followed the instructions, but it did NOT resolve my issue.

Can you please inform me what other configuration (if any) is required to get my alerts to display in the inbox?

The strange this is that when I generate a test alert with program RSALERTTEST I can see these in the inbox.

What other config to I have to do to get my XI exceptions to show up in the inbox.

Thanx for your help.

Regards

Yackeen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SLG1 and select write log Check box then only you can view logs of related to Object "ALERT".

Regards,

Mallikarjun.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malisetty,

In TCODE SLG1, it talks about "Analyse Application Log".

Here in the Log Class it is checked in "All logs"

I am not sure how it is relevent to the alert issue -)

Can you explain?

Thanks,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

since SP14 i believe, there is an application log object ALERT. If configured log messages are written during alert creation, forwarding etc to this log object and can be displayed using ALERT as selection for Object field in SLG1.

Check this weblog for more details: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yackeen,

I am having a similar issue like your scenario. I am curious if you could fix your alert problem.If so please give me some pointers.

I have a very simple Outbound scenario. I am sending the material master Idoc to a legacy system. The mapping is simple and no BPM is involved.

I am unable to see the alerts appearing in the Inbox of the Runtime work bench. I have colsely followed the weblog buy Michal Krawczyk.

Any help would be appreciated and poits are guaranteed .

Thanks,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are on SP14 and found similar problem of not able to display Alerts in Alert Inbox, whereas we can get alerts sent to e-mail via ccms and are also being displayed using transaction SLG1.

SAP suggested some notes, but none of them makes any difference.

I am still waiting for last 2 weeks for SAP to suggest a solution to this problem.

Stay tuned.....

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

We are on SP11.The point here is we are able to see the alert in the Inbox for all the inbound messages coming back into the R3 system.

But, for those messages coming out of R3 (Ex:Material master interface)going to the external party , we are not able to see the alerts in the Inbox.

Please share with us if you receive any additional info on this issue.Do you advice the upgrading the XI environmanet to SP15?

Thanks again,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

SP14 is the latest as far as I know. ? I think SAP has to acknowlege that there is a problem, before any fixes can be obtained.

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

SP15 is released some time ago. Here is the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/6884c3886b51c3e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Raghu