cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS Check and import failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created a track in CMS. When do the Import-check of SCAs, we are getting "Check-failed".

Foll. are the SCAs

sap.com_SAP-JEE

sap.com_SAP_BUILDT

sap.com_SAP_JTECHS

When we are trying to import, then we are getting the message "Import-failed".

Log file shows the foll. message

Fatal :check failed, because the sources are not contained in the archive

Info :Step Repository-check ended with result 'fatal error' ,stopping execution

Can someone tell, what could be the problem and the possible solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The log file itself clearly states that the archives you have checked in does not contain sources . I suspect if there are source archives inside the SCAs that you have checked in.

Fatal :check failed, because the sources are not contained in the archive

Checkin in SCAs with source archives should work.

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshatha,

Thanks for your reply.

How do we confirm that the SCAs have got the right Source Archives.

Please respond.

Regards

Nikhil Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you extract the SCAs you should be able to see Source archives folder, inside which you can find the sources.

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshatha,

Thanks for your reply.

We did the same and found some .zip files and some other files. But how do we verify whether the .zip files are the correct archive files.

Is there a way to find out if the version of the SCA files is correct or not.

Please let me know.

Regards

Nikhil Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not know how to check that. May be the SCA is corrupt in this case. As far as I know, since all those are required SCs, if you can see zip files under the buildarchives folder it should be fine.

Try if you can get the same SCAs from a different location and do the imports.

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

We are having the issue with ESS 603 (Enhancement Pack) component. Hope you might have resolved this issue by this time. If it is resolved, could you please let us know the fix or workaround?

Thanks,

Gowtam

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is resolved by downloading the new sca file as 'SourceArchives' folder and it's contents were missing in the initial downloaded version.

Thanks,

Gowtam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowtam,

I have the same problem. Please, can you reply me where is "SourceArchives" folder?

Thanks!

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

let me summarize the possible reasons for the error

Fatal  :check failed, because the sources are not contained in the archive

Info   :Step Repository-check ended with result 'fatal error' ,stopping execution 

First of all an SCA file can be either used for modification by customers, or not, becaues it has only build archives (meaning necessary for build -- like libraries, you can pretty much treat it that way).

An SCA can have 3 types of archives inside:

- buildarchives  -- i.e. necessary for build

- deployarchives -- i.e. deployable

- sourcearchives -- i.e. can be modified by customers

What kind of archives we are dealing with you can decide easily:

rename the given SCA file to zip, and extract it (or simulate extraction using jar -tvf *.SCA).

It can contain 3 folder respectively: BUILDARCHIVES , DEPLOYARCHIVES, SOURCEARCHIVES

Meaning, if it has a SOURCEARCHIVES folder, it has sources to be modified.

Notice, none of the initially mentioned archives (SAPBUILDT, SAPJEE, SAPJTECHS) are having sourcearchives.

So then why this error is reported?

On the top of that ESS should have sourcearchives folder, then again, why is this error coming?

I come to this point immediatelly.

Now the error message we are talking about can have 2 reasons:

1. the archive should not have sources, but due to a wrong configuration it gets confused and reports this error.

2. the archive should have sources, but it was wrongly uploaded to the marketplace (i.e. wrong delivery)

Explanation on the above 2 points:

1. In CMS webui -- Landscape Configurator -- Track Data tab you checked in the checkboxes "Developed" for such software which is not allowed to be modified. In this example you have set the Developed flag for SAPBUILDT, SAPJEE, SAPJTECHS.

Now at import CMS expects that these SCAs have sources, but since they don't you run into this error. Solution is easy: get rid of those flags and import again. The imports will work this time.

2. You downloaded ESS, correctly added the "Develped" flag in the mentioned configuration, but the ESS SCA is wrongly uploaded by sap to the marketplace. This case report it to us so we can correct the SCA which you can download again. Report the exact location from where you downloaded it, so we are aware of the exact version and filename.

See this note that explains the same:

1537477 - Failed to import SCAs into CMS track because the sources are not contained in the archive

(there is a 3rd reason in the note for this error, but I believe you face only 2 of them in this SCN discussion)

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I have not defined dependencies SAPBUILDT, SAPJEE and SAPJTECHS in my SC in Developed Software Components (Track Data - Landscape Configurator). I resolved!

Thanks!

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

this issue can happen of course with any SCAs if the SCA is wrong and/or the configuration is incorrect. I tried to provide a general description, but since the original post mentioned these SCAs, I used the same example.

How did you resolve your problem? Can you write it down here? It could can come in handy for others.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin.

In SLD -> Software Catalog -> Software Components. I search and select my SC. In Dependencies tab, I select "Context - > Build Time". Now I Define prerequisite Software Component Versions adding SCAs I need.

Maybe you may update CMS. You must go to: CMS -> Landscape Configurator -> Domain Data -> Change button -> Update CMS button.

I hope resolve your issue.

Regards.