cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No. of Solution Managers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

sorry for the maybe stupid question. But my team is SCM focussed and new to Solution manager.

How many solution managers per SCM are needed? And how does the number scale with number of materials ordered? Is it possible to work with five solution managers for one SCM responisble for purchasing about 5000 (5k) articles?

THX

And please: only qualified answers! No read this or that Thread/Blog/Note answers. I already READ THEM ALL! And the notes are due to my team!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

my team will implement a very huge SCM Solution. Therefore the solution manager. We need 24 7 366 and 24 h Help Desk as the customer is operating world wide in all time zones except pacific island times. The implementation requires a profund maintainability, cumstomizability, extensibility and a quick change management in case of brand changes. We expect >2k Users, 138 named key users and a strict monitoring by management via BI tools.

So the focus is on me and my team!

Solution manager seems mandatory!

Best regards

Christian

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can have a rough estimate of number of alerts, Number of messages we can arrive at the size of the server.

try [this document.|https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000325052007E/Sizing_Guide_SOLMAN40_V5.pdf]

This document will solve your problem. Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

Your information does not change my opinion about using one and only one Solution Manager production server.

If you need high availability please look into a High-availability cluster.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-availability_cluster)

Best Regards

Peter Michaek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need the complete picture of all implementations - including operations I would strongly recommend one production Solution Manager if possible.

Otherwise you will need some integration between the different Solution Managers in the implementation phase, change management, service desk integration, etc. etc.

Which main scenarios do you plan to use? (Implementaion, Operations, Optimization?)

Best Regards

Peter Michael

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. How many solution managers per SCM are needed?

You can connect SCM to one solution manager, y do you require many Solution Manager servers!!!!

2.number of materials ordered?

How is it related with Solution Manager???? Solution Manager is not a tool for Logistics, Did you understand the usage of solution manager

3. purchasing about 5000 (5k) articles?

How do you relate this with Solution Manager.

--Ragu