cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extensibility of VC (new elements...): How to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Where can I find deeper information/documentation about the extensibility of VC (new elements etc.).

In the "SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer: Technical White Paper" I read the following:

"Extensibility

To enable functionality that is not present or sufficient in its core version, Visual Composer allows developers to programmatically extend the tool’s design-time environment and core modeling language. This is achieved by creating custom plug-ins – either client-side or server-side – that add new capabilities and tools or enhance existing ones, such as UI elements and controls, menus, toolbars, task panels, dialog boxes and wizards, as well as change certain design-time behaviors.

All these capabilities represent a unique combination that makes Visual Composer a powerful solution for business application composition."

But how is it recomented to do it?

Kind regards, Bernd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the answer. Where can I find a list of existing kits and of planned kits?

Regards, Bernd

Edited by: Bernd Lagler on Mar 27, 2008 3:03 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

VC kits today provide functionality that could be decoupled from the basic functionality of VC.

Such kits are:

• Voice kit (modeling voice applications)

• Portal kit (modeling portal content)

• BI kit (allow connectivity to BI systems)

When you install VC you see this functionality as integral part of VC. (You may notice some difference in the UI behavior, though)

There are currently no planned kits in development, but that may change.

Regards,

Rachel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

thanks for the fast answer.

Bernd

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

Visual composer can indeed be extennded by writing kits.

Currently, kits are being developed only inside SAP with full coordination and support from VC core development group.

However, VC is not intended for extension from the outside. The extension APIs are not released, and are not planned to be released in future versions.

Regards,

Rachel Ebner

Visual Composer infrastructure architect