cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of factory calender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have come across a scenario wherein the factory calender are different in the plant and the shipping point. If i change the calender of shipping point on PRD what will be the implications of this ? What all aspects do i need to watch out for ? There is a PP integration in this plant too.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Saurabh Diwakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

changing the calender at shipping point would not have any effect on the PP module. since the requirements to PP are driven by TOR which show up at MD04 stock requirement list. shipping point would only help in the dispatch of goods which is away from the influence of PP module.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Factory calendor Changes are done directly in production unlike other sd configuration like transporting from development to Production. Hence you are right to make relevant changes directly in Production only for Calender.

Do let me know what changes you are going to make so it would be eassy to answer your question.

Cheers

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am only changing the calender assigned to the shipping point. From a 5 day week i am assigning a 7 day week.

Regards,

Saurabh Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

since calendars are cross client, prashant has a point. apparently it wouldn't make a difference whether you do this is PRD or DEV. you will see the changes in any environment within the global setting.

thanks for the correction.

regards.

p.s.

but shouldn't the assignment of the calendar to the shipping pt be done in DEV?

Edited by: jonathan yap on Mar 25, 2008 8:29 PM

Edited by: jonathan yap on Mar 25, 2008 8:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is some misunderstanding here. My question is not about how to do that, my question is what will be the implications of such a change and what all should i look out for. This particular plant also has a PP process too.

Regards,

Saurabh Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Good question- I think you need to look out for implications in your transport planning and availability check.

Since availability check will be looking at delivery dates and since you will have 7 days a week for shipping so it will give early delivery dates in availability check. Hope this point has been discussed with business.

Because of changes in stock availability check,I think, it will affect your production plan requirements date. So some production order may get planned early or late depending on stock situations and other rules.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

it is possible to have different calendars for the plant and the shipping point. what this means is that you could have a 5-day week (PP operates for 5 days a week) for the plant and 6-day week (Logistics Execution works 6 days a week) for the shipping point.

i'm not sure what you meant when you said you would make changes in PRD. the calendars are cross client and you don't make changes directly to your PRD environment. rather, you make changes in DEV and transport these to PRD.

regards.