cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax code errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I need some clarification regarding maintaining tax codes.

1. what is purpose of deactivating a line in tcode FTXP.what implications it has in the bussiness scenario.?

2. For a/c key JN6 which is for VAT,Iam trying to decativate the line and when i try to save it the system gives an error

System error: Error in routine

CHANGE_CONDITION_MULTIPLE A003TXJIN6

what would be the problem?

3.I assume that if condition records are maintained for the condition types there is no need to maintain the values in FTXP tcode or vice versa can be maintained...Please clear my doubt

Thanks

ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Here's a clarification based on Taxes used in SD Module

Firstly against your pricing procedure - condition types - there would be account keys which would be assigned.

Now if its revenue determination and sales deduction then you have to assign your G/L account against your chart of accounts, sales organization , and account key

Now if it is a tax account key maintained in your pricing procedure, then in that case, you maintain your entries in transaction OB40 and FTXP.

Now this is usually done by FI consultants

In OB40, against your chart of accounts -> Account Key -> assign G/L account there

In FTXP, against your country key , and tax code , and chart of accounts look at the G/L accounts assigned. This will help you understand how the automatic postings in FI are done.

Also ensure if your condition type is statistical it need not be maintained in FTXP and OB40.

Hope this will help you.

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Ravi

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ajay

I need clear details i mean which line is deactivated in FTXP.

if it is the value line , you will check it in tax procedure.

Due to statistical option in tax proc. if you chech it , u will not enter any value in ftxp.

tax code is helpful for postings in FI.

Through tax code we can maintain sales condition records.

regards

lakki