Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change names of PDT, SWC, NS, without disturbing existing scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did XI developement and now

1.I want to change all the existing names of Product, product version, vendor, SWC, name space keeping the existing the scenarios intact and working.

2. If I change the name of the product or vendor does it make difference to the existing scenarios?

3. How do I change name of the SWC without having to disturb existing scenarios?

4. Same way how do I change NS name without disturbing the existing scenarios?

Regards,

Nikhil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge,There is no such re-name option to the developed objects in XI.

Only the way is we can copy the Interface objects and mapping objects to another namespace.

Reards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If i do a copy object, the problem I am facing is ...

eg :

I have copied IM and MM

in my copied IM, the MM is referring to the old NS (not to the new MM)

thus, copying woudnt be a suitable option.

If I create new PDT, SWC, BS, assign same TS to it, then import the tpz of exisiting scenarios, will it work with the newly created PDT and SWC and BS?

-Nikhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> If i do a copy object, the problem I am facing is ...

> eg :

> I have copied IM and MM

> in my copied IM, the MM is referring to the old NS (not to the new MM)

>

> thus, copying woudnt be a suitable option.

>

Yeh, this is one thing which you need to do manually. I mean take F4 help and select the correct one.

> If I create new PDT, SWC, BS, assign same TS to it, then import the tpz of exisiting scenarios, will it work with the newly created PDT and SWC and BS?

No, coz it will copy the old NS. And i doubt if it let you import & activate the changes. Just give a try.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

If you Export as .tpz and try to import it into newly created SWCV means it wont take.

while importing the .tpz file it expects the same SWCV name

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

a, as already said - after copying MM - click edit button and change source and target MT to the new ones. (mapping will not be deleted). save & activate. (the same with the IM)

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

no, this is not possible. Once you've created objects, their component, namespace,... can't be changed. The only thing you can do with them is to copy to a new product & namespace.

of course, you must then re-create the scenarios in ID.

When copying the objects, be EXTREMELY careful. Any error can make not working your scenario.

(tip: when copying Message Type, don't forget to change Message Namespace parameter, it remains the same as in previous namespace!!)

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 2. If I change the name of the product or vendor does it make difference to the existing scenarios?

Yes, if you do then you need to select or change it everywhere in your data type, message type, etc..

> 3. How do I change name of the SWC without having to disturb existing scenarios?

Create new one and then copy it here.

> 4. Same way how do I change NS name without disturbing the existing scenarios?

You have to create new one and then copy objects accordingly, else you have to change it everywhere in your scenario (IR & ID both).

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my point of view, first you create new Product, Product version, SWCV etc. and then copy all the contents from Old one to the new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

i think the only way you have for your above req is that you create a new product, sw component.........then import it in IR......create a new namespace in it..........then copy every object from your existing scenario to your this new sw component.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta