Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phishing or real?

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

today I received the below mail, which was not addressed directly to me, but to <<removed>>. The emails asks me to reply with my contact data. Before doing it, I would like to ask, if this request was real or not.

Dear SDN/BPX Member:

We would like to thank you for all your contributions to SDN/BPX. It is your active participation that makes the SAP Community Network a valuable resource for the entire community. In appreciation of your support, we will be sending you a Community Badge to mark your achievement in becoming an SAP Community Network 2008 Top Contributor. We would appreciate your cooperation in helping us send you the Community Badge that you have earned.

Even if you have responded before in past requests, it is very important that we have correct mailing information each time we send an award. Please help us ensure that you receive this gift by completing your contact information below:

Name

ID #

Complete Mailing Address

Telephone #

We are using Another World Merchandising, Inc. USA to distribute your reward. Please email your address confirmation/correction information back to: lisa.london at anotherworld-km.com.

Your gift will be sent out once we receive your verification.

Please take into account up to one month delivery time, depending upon your location.

Thank you again. We look forward to celebrating your SAP Community Network Top Contributor 2009 title.

I searched SDN for "badge" or "another world", but haven't found any reference to such an email - which makes it suspicious. Many thanks in advance for confirming if this mail is real or not.

Best regards,

Thomas

Edited by: Gali Kling Schneider on Mar 25, 2008 10:29 AM

Edited by: Abesh Bhattacharjee on Mar 31, 2008 8:11 PM

Sorry, Removed Lisa's Email ID to save her from spam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As answered by others it is indeed real our small way of saying thanks for your contributions to the community.

Please see this [blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7898] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; by Mark Finnern to see an image of the badge which is given for 250 earned in 2008 (more details in the blog).

Thomas, congratulations on making 250 points this year so quickly!

Gali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Even I got the mail too

raj,

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have made 826 points this year...But haven't got any mail -:(

Greetings,

Blag.

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check your spam filter blag

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gali:

Already got a response from Lisa -:) It was a long time since I talked to her...

Greetings,

Blag.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gali,

I got the gift for Top Contributor 2008. It was too good. Thanks for it!

raj.

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

So glad to hear that

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Thomas,

it is real. Another World is the company which is doing distribution for SAP SDN.

regards

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

What is the use of community badge?

Regards

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no idea. I will tell you when I get mine...

Former Member
0 Kudos

U didnt get! u are having 5000 points.then what is the eligibility to get that?

what sort of recognition they will get

I am sorry if i am asking anything wrong