cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you please explain the synchronous and asynchronous scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please explain the synchronous and asynchronous scenarios of JDBC adapter.?

How to configure the scenarios and how the process works with some figures?

Thanks,

Soorya,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check the below link for synchronous scenario

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

note:reward points if solution found helpfull.....

regards

chandrakanth.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain some basic steps in the Async and Sync scenarios for sending data from JDBC to RFC.

Like,

The data is picked up from the database table through JDBC adapter.

It is passed on to SAP by calling the RFC. RFC gets executed

successfully. The status is returned by the RFC. The status needs to be

updated back into the SQL database table.

Is this a sync case or async case.

What si the diffrences in the sync and async scenarios in the above JDBC to RFC scenarios.

Soorya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think its best if you first understand the difference between Sync and Async. Then I believe everything will be clear for you.

A syncronous scenario is a scenario where you get a response. Take going to an ATM for example... When you insert your card and enter your pin... you get a response. You don't just insert your card enter your pin and walk away.

Your Pin is either Rejected or Accepted... it can't just stay with your card in the machine and this is similar to sync scenarios. You require a response of soughts.. if you don't get a response then there is an error.

Async is now the opposite of that. It is like if someone sends you a letter. They don't need a response to that letter in order for the initial send to be successful. You don't have to be home when the mail man delivers the letter. It just goes to your house and you will see it when you get home. An async scenario is like this... It does not need a response it simply delivers the message and that is the end of it..

I hope this makes sense... let me know if it doesn't

So ask yourself... does your scenario sound like it requires a response? Or are you simply sending a message to SAP and not sending anything back to the database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for your clear explaination about the sync & async processes.

Not its clear that i am using the sync process. (JDBC to RFFC) but facing some problems. While i am updating the response back into the DB i am getting some errors. So now i thought of shifting my whole scenario to async process. I would like to know whether the error which we are facing with sync process is inherent to synchronous interfaces only?

Urs,

Soorya

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error would have nothing to do with the scenario being sync or async. The error would probably be an issue with either your configuration and/or your RFC.

Where is the error coming... as in is your error in the Database directly? If that is the case then you know that your data is getting back to the database so your configuration is correct but then maybe the data itself is corrupted in some way....

Maybe if you give me more or a detailed error description I can help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi check the below link

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30 - File to JDBC

note:reward points if solution found helpfull.....

regards

chandrakanth.k