Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM screen problem in WM6.0

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

We are working on MAM application for Windows mobile 5.0.

It works fine in all aspects as required.

When we try to run the same application in windows mobile 6.0 the screen resolution is very bad all controlls are scattered all over the place.

Is there a generic way to make the application look like in WM5.0 as we need to go for WM6.0 for other reasons.

I assume there sould be a Almconfig file top resolve this issue.

can somebody help us in this regrd,

Thanks in advance,

Sai krishna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

May i know you start page url is http://127.0.0.1:4444 or http://localhost:4444 ? My devices only work at localhost so i need to change the url menually from 127.0.0.1 to localhost. Is that any others solution to set it to localhost?

thanks.

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In all my devices it runs on localhost:4444, as per your problem I am sure we can change the tomcat settings for u r requirement to be honest I dont know how to do it.

Regards,

Sai krishna.

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for you reply. Is that you device is default to loclhost:4444?

Or some one change it?

thanks.

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Krishna,

Please check MAM and MI central notes to see to see if WM6.0 is already supported.

As far as I know MAM was supposed to be adjusted and then tested with WM6.0 (as it wont just run on it as is due to the rendering issues).

I have not seen any news published that this was already done and WM6.0 compatible version released to customers.

I have just checked a note for MAM latest release (MAM3.0 SR5) and I can only see WM5.0 mentioned there.

I would open a customer message for SAP to confirm latest status on WM6.0 if I were you.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

I got some info towards this development from SAP which can be verified from the below link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e09e2034-287f-2a10-278d-f5868dde...

The only problem we faced making the application to work on WM6.0 is with DB2e, as explained in the above link we used the latest verion of it and it is working.

So we expected the screen rendring should be the same or these should be a fix for this too.

Please advice if I was wrong ...

Regards,

Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

first check the rendering status of the IE on the mobile device - could be the problem.

Check and compare the settings in MENU -> VIEW on both machines. Should be Default or Desktop I think.

In your case it could be, the setting on WM6 is One Column - then IE does some strange things.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Oliver

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I checked both the device settings>System>screen, both are same how ever I increased the font size in WM6.0 to the largest still the desktop size increases but the application remains same.

Do we have any other option to change the screen resolution ...?

Thanks,

Sai krishna

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

You approach solved the problem, we can set the browser's view as required. (but need to do it manually every time the device is set to factory default)

But I wonder in WM5.0 Almconfig.properties works fine why not in WM6.0, how can we change the application to work according to Almconfig file.

Regards,

Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, no idea to be honest. All I know is that the browser rendering setting is not influenced by MAM as per my knowledge and it does whatever it likes to do. No sure if you can change that at all to another default value. Sorry for that.....

Regards,

Oliver