Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add User name to SC screen

former_member628175
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm currently working on SRM 5.0. We have a requirement of adding logged-in username on the screen. I could not find any Class attached to the screen/ BADI.

Do you guys have any input ?

Thanks,

Shounak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which SC screen do you want to display the user name?Whats the main purpose of displaying the user name?

The simplest option would be to create a custom field and then display the logged in User name in that.

Refer the following OSS notes

Note 458591 - User-defined fields: Preparation and use

Note 672960 - User-defined fields 2

Another way would be to display the User name on the main header menu section of the screen (as displayed when logged in through Eneterprise portal).

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a "throw-back" solution, but if you just want the current user id on the screen can't you just update the ITS template and have it print the ITS parameter "~login" - this would be a mod to your ITS template and only provide user id, not full name.

b

former_member628175
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Thanks a lot for the answer. By any chance can we use this User Id and get the username ?

Thanks,

Shounak M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the following FM to get the full name (Firstname Middlename Lastname) using userid (SU01)

BBP_LA_GET_FULLNAME_BY_USERID

or

i believe you can also use (i never used it, but it is worth a try)

BP_CENTRALPERSON_GET

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Renga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As far as i know there is no BADI to achieve this functionality.

Use the Field-set to transport sy-uname from SAP screens of Schopping cart using implicit Enhancement

Then display this in the ITS in the corresponding ITS template.

Thanks and Regards

Kalandi

former_member628175
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalandi,

Thanks a lot for the reply. But I could not understand your point. Can you please elaborate on this ?

Thanks,

Shounak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no standard SAP solution for this requirement. But you need to handle via custom development.

Here is some recommedations.

Program: BBPGLOBAL/300 enhance the PBO to export the user name using FM:'ITS_SET_CONTEXT'

Note: you can create explicit enhancement spot or in direct change (again it depend upon the technical implementation strategy)

Enhance template: BBPGLOBAL 300 to have the name filed just next to "Home" URL or at the far right end of the URL's (it purely depends upon your end user wish)

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Renga

**Award points if helpfull**