R3 Prodcution Server is very Slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are using

ECC 6.0

AIX 5

Oracle 10G

Since a week now we are experiencing very bad speed of our R3 PRD server, i observerd this when i actually tried to import Transport request from the DEV server.

The transcation never completed and i had to forcibly STOP it.

Now other transcations are working better when compared to importing transports.

So can anyone help me get out of this as this is very URGENT.

In the last week i have executed the client export from the PRD server to a client called 240 on the DEV server.

Is this anything to do with this..

The transport request created is big in size, does this affect in anyway..

Please strech me a helping hand

Reward points for sure

Thanks a million

Regards

Harry....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

Normally the client export/Import affect the performance of the system. When SAP does the client export it has to go and collect the date from hundereds of table .The overall effect of this is a huge resource drain on

CPU and RAM in the Production system .

Import on the other hand is heavy on the system beacuse if oracle is the DB huge no of archive logs are created in the sytem as SAP creates a extraordinary amount of commits when it imports a client .

The size of the undo tablespace has to be increased .

However I belive you client export and import is compelted /aborted now .

If you are still facing the performance degrade probs kindly check is there any lock still in the system.If there are old locks kindly release those.

Hope this might help you.if so allot some points

Kindly let me know if need more help

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gokul,

Your reply was useful for me but i have no old locks on my system,

Infact i was trying to understand about what Imtiaz was suggesting me and i have no clue where the Tx-Code is taking time, and can you please help me get out of this jinx

I have no problem with any other Tx-Code except for STMS_IMPORT when reading the import queue for RT2 (which is my PRD SID).

The statistics are not new, and apart from the Client Import and export no other activity was carried out which can HIT the DB.

SO i kindly request you to help me find out a way where i can rectify this problem.

And just for your information this is my 8 month in SAP BASIS, so please guide me.

Imtiaz: Thanks for your reply also.

Gokul i have given points to you.

Thanks in advance

waiting for a reply

Regards

Harry....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

If only STMS_IMPORT is slow and no other transaction then this is very promising. It means we can rule out everything that is non transport related and it is very very likely the problem lies with the /usr/sap/trans directory.

A very large client export if finished will not in itself cause a problem.

To narrow it down I would pop into transaction AL11 and find the directory /usr/sap/trans near the bottom of the screen and double click on it. If this responds poorly or not at all in returning a list of subdirectories then there is a problem with the mount. If it works I would then look in each directory in turn.

Does that show any poor responses?

How about displaying the production import queue and pressing refresh? is that slow or does not work?

How about running program RSTPTEST, how does that run?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Graham and Experts,

I have chked with the Tx Code: AL11 and when i dbclick on the usr/sap/trans folder it gives very quick output, there is no delay at all.

Now coming to the program RSTPTEST it also gives me good results, it shows good results for

tp interface

Transport Profile

RFC Destination and

tp call.

Lastly, the problem that i have is on the PRD server only,

when i execute stms_import and then click on refresh it will endless time to give results, infact i never get the import queue updated. It stops at the point saying that IMPORTING QUEUE RT2 (which is our SID for PRD).

Dear Graham, after a series of obsevations i understand that the problem would be with the buffer folder in usr/sap/trans/buffer.

Can you throw some insite on this..

I am agian unsure.. Please guide me..

I am running short of time as i have many requests pending to be imported into the PRD from the DEV.

FYI

when i am trying to import requests at the OS level i get an error message saying that tp not found

from the dir /usr/sap/trans/bin.

So i am unable to do anything.

Thanks to all in advance

Waiting for your quick responce

Points for sure...

Regards

Harry....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the response time of a slow transaction in STAD. Determine where it took maximum time , like DB access, roll in time or processing time.

Few things you can check

1. Are your statistics recent.

2. Memory/CPU Utilisation over past 24 hours. If this is high over many hours then there is bottleneck here.

Thanks

Imtiaz