cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction IDX2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i try to Load meta data for an Idoc via transaction IDX2 i'm getting the error "Basic type XXXX does not exist". Have maintained the Port properly with right RFC Destination.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

In your IDX1 you pass the RFC Destination to connect to R/3, check the authorization for the user in that RFC destination. You can check for the authorization in SU01 of the R/3 box. In profiles tab check for the rights of the user, the user must not be having the relevant rights. Hope it helps.

cheers

Sameer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

This step (loading IDOC metadata in IDX2) is optional. When you start to send/receive your first IDOCS then XI will automatically load the metadata from the system.

So in fact you only have to make sure that the IDOC port you have defined in TRX IDX1 works propoerky and that your IDOC exists in the R/3 system.

Cheers,

R

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This step (loading IDOC metadata in IDX2) is optional. When you start to send/receive your first IDOCS then XI will automatically load the metadata from the system

- Is it optional ? I have some doubt on this. Because in my scenarios, I have faced some of the problems like , in SXMB_MONI , it is showing that "Meta Data does not exists" at first time. When I checked with IDX2 entries, then I am not able to see the entry against that Idoc. Once I did the IDX2 entry, then I was able to post the Idoc successfully.

Pls clarrify on that - Is it optional ?? Because in outbound scenarios like Idoc to file, it is automatically happening. But for file to Idoc, in many a times I have got "Meta Data doesnot exists error" in the monitor.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Is your Basic Type Release in your SAP system ?.

Also have look at this thread...

hope this helps...

Regards

Anand