cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation succeeds but deployment fails for Webdynpro DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a webdynpro DC and checked in the activity. The activation succeeds but the deployment is failing. Also, when I try to see the deployment log from the studio, it doesn't show the log. I get an error message saying "Unable to determine URL of deployment log for build request “3796” failed".

What could be the problem? Where in the NWDI server can I see the deployment log?

Please help.

I tried with some other DC. The activation and deployment was successful.

Somehow, I got the following deployment log when I tried to deploy some other DC. i am just posting that part of the log which is relevant to the deployment error.

Info:Mar 25, 2008 8:03:54 AM Info: Begin of log messages of the target system:

Info:08/03/25 08:03:50 - ***********************************************************

Info:08/03/25 08:03:51 - Start updating EAR file...

Info:08/03/25 08:03:51 - start-up mode is lazy

Info:08/03/25 08:03:51 - EAR file updated successfully for 62ms.

Info:08/03/25 08:03:51 - Start deploying ...

Info:08/03/25 08:03:53 - EAR file uploaded to server for 1086ms.

Info:08/03/25 08:03:54 - ERROR: Not deployed. Deploy Service returned ERROR:

Info: java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application <Vendor name>/<component name>..

Info: Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application <Vendor name>/<component name>. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is:

Info: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application <Vendor name>/<component name>. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?

Info: at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.deploy(DeployServiceImpl.java:567)

Info: at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.java:1555)

Info: at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:319)

Info: at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:200)

Info: at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:136)

Info: at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

Info: at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

Info: at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

Info: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:215)

Info: at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:102)

Info: at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:172)

Info: Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application <Vendor name>/<component name>. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?

Info: at com.sap.engine.services.webdynpro.WebDynproContainer.deploy(WebDynproContainer.java:1050)

Info: at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeploymentTransaction.makeComponents(DeploymentTransaction.java:606)

Info: at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeployUtilTransaction.commonBegin(DeployUtilTransaction.java:321)

Info: at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeploymentTransaction.begin(DeploymentTransaction.java:307)

Info: at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer(ApplicationTransaction.java:292)

Info: at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhases(ApplicationTransaction.java:326)

Info: at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.makeGlobalTransaction(DeployServiceImpl.java:3184)

Info: at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.deploy(DeployServiceImpl.java:552)

Thanks,

Subathra M

Edited by: M Subathra on Mar 25, 2008 12:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The deployment log is visible in the CMS but I always prefer to look at the runtime system SDM log. If you are not Basis, ask a Basis person to get it for you.

The error looks like one of your requires SC's is not deployed on the runtime system at the correct version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I will ask for the SDM log. Also, Where in CMS can I check the deploy log?

One thing that I checked is - I tried to create an iView out of the Webdynpro application; I can see the DC listed under the namespace; but there is no WD component associated with it. Will removing the DC & deploying it again help?

Thanks,

Subathra M

Edited by: M Subathra on Mar 25, 2008 2:53 PM

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether SDM is running or not.

If SDM is not running Activation will happen and deployment will not show the status.

Regards

Srikanth KV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SDM is running; otherwise, I wouldn't get the deployment log. Also, as I mentioned, I was able to activate & deploy other DC.

Regards,

Subathra M

Former Member
0 Kudos

The deployment log is in the CMS track log of the DC deployed but it is likely to be the same as you already have posted.

As already stated, can you double check all of you dependencies are in the target system correctly? That seems to be what your error is.

If you need more logs the deploy service in the target system can have its tracing level increased for your deployment. I would personally tale the archive an manually try and deploy it and check all logs including default.trc after failure fo rthat timestamp... but... I would first check my dependencies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

But the problem was with another DC with the same name. It was in a different namespace though! I removed it from SDM. Then, tried deploying this DC. It worked!

Wonder why is this a problem though the vendor name is different.

Regards,

Subathra M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting, that would pose an issue with SAP's namespace design.... can you possibly post buth DC's full names here just so I can see.

It looks like the new one was trying to use the dependencies of the old and hence the messages.

Answers (0)