cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatability of J2EE and ABAP Editions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are these two sneak preview editions (Java Edition and ABAP Edition) compatable such that they both can be installed on the same XP system?

Presumably the Full edition which is not yet released will provide for a proper J2EE add-in installation.

But in the meantime, should it be OK to install the J2EE ABAP installations separately on the same system?

If yes, if there any special approach to the instance numbering that must be followed?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread will probably help:

I have them both running and communicating with each other fine on the same machine. I have 2 gig though and I doubt you would want less then that.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to close this thread ... the problem with Load Java Database Content hanging was solved by dealing with filled log files. Another thread outlined how to download the MYSQL utility, back-up the DB and free up the space.

The result is that both sneak preview versions (J2EE + ABAP) are successfully running on the same system at the same time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you set your timezone to +1 GMT (Berlin etc)? Not doing this is apparently the cause of a few problems.

When I installed I followed Sugree Phatanapherom 's excellent visual installation weblogs found here:

/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for those hints. I have installed the ABAP version (SID = NSP). After that the J2EE installation (J2E) is smart enough to figure out that instance 00 is already taken and uses 02 (without any input from the installer).

But ... unfortunately ... Load Java Database Content step just hangs. The last message in the log is an INFO message (see below). It seems like a lot of people have reported problems like this one.

So close!

INFO 2005-11-09 12:34:39

Output of C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\1.4.2_09/bin/java.exe '-classpath' './sharedlib/antlr.jar;./sharedlib/exception.jar;./sharedlib/jddi.jar;./sharedlib/jload.jar;./sharedlib/logging.jar;./sharedlib/offlineconfiguration.jar;./sharedlib/opensqlsta.jar;./sharedlib/tc_sec_secstorefs.jar;c:\sapdb\programs\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jce_export.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jsse.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_smime.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_ssl.jar;C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/w3c_http.jar' '-Duser.timezone=Europe/Berlin' '-showversion' '-Xmx512m' 'com.sap.inst.jload.Jload' '-sec' 'J2E,jdbc/pool/J2E,C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\global/security/data/SecStore.properties,C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\global/security/data/SecStore.key' '-dataDir' 'C:/WAS/NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11/NWSneakPreviewSP11/SAP_NetWeaver_04_SR_1_Installation_Master_DVD__ID__51030843\IM01_NT_I386\..\..\SneakPreviewContent\JDMP' '-job' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST/IMPORT.XML' '-log' 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST/jload.log' is written to the logfile C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST/jload.java.log.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I have heard positive and negative about doing this. If you can get them both installed, I would not suggest having them both running at the same time. I have seen a couple posts about this before, but I can't seem to locate the posts.

I've heard that you must do the ABAP side first.

Regards,

Rich Heilman