cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI ON LINUX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I want to install Sap Gui Front end on linux EL 4 . Kindly give me the steps for front end installation on Linux .

Regards

Selvan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koushal

Jdk installed sucessfully and execute the path also . Now I try to execute the following command java -jar PlatinGUILNX_3-10003510.JAR

I got below error message

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: while resolving class: com.sap.platin.micro.Microkernel

at java.lang.VMClassLoader.resolveClass(java.lang.Class) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at java.lang.Class.initializeClass() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String, boolean, java.lang.ClassLoader) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at JvThreadRun(java.lang.Thread) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at JvRunMain(java.lang.Class, byte const, int, byte const, boolean) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at __libc_start_main (/lib/tls/libc-2.3.4.so)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.lang.StringBuilder not found in [file:PlatinGUILNX_3-10003510.JAR, core:/]

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at gnu.gcj.runtime.VMClassLoader.findClass(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String, boolean) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at JvFindClass(_Jv_Utf8Const, java.lang.ClassLoader) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String, boolean, java.lang.ClassLoader) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at JvBytecodeVerifier.verify_instructions_0() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at JvVerifyMethod(_Jv_InterpMethod) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at JvPrepareClass(java.lang.Class) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at JvWaitForState(java.lang.Class, int) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at java.lang.VMClassLoader.linkClass0(java.lang.Class) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at java.lang.VMClassLoader.resolveClass(java.lang.Class) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

...7 more

[root@linuxsvr bin]# java -jar

Warning: -jar not understood. Ignoring.

Usage: gij [OPTION] ... CLASS [ARGS] ...

to invoke CLASS.main, or

gij -jar [OPTION] ... JARFILE [ARGS] ...

to execute a jar file

Try `gij --help' for more information.

[root@linuxsvr bin]# java -jar PlatinGUILNX_3-10003510.JAR

Warning: -jar not understood. Ignoring.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: PlatinGUILNX_3-10003510.JAR

at gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at JvThreadRun(java.lang.Thread) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at JvRunMain(java.lang.Class, byte const, int, byte const, boolean) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

at __gcj_personality_v0 (/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_17/bin/java.version=1.4.2)

at __libc_start_main (/lib/tls/libc-2.3.4.so)

at JvRegisterClasses (/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_17/bin/java.version=1.4.2)

Kindly advice me to resolv this issue ..

Regards

Selvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry , My mistake following version of java are also supported and tested,

1. Sun Java Runtime Environment 5.0 (32-bit) or 6.0 (32-bit) including Java Plugin.

Make sure that the Java Plugin is properly installed.

1. C++ runtime: libstdc++.so.6

This library is generally included with current distributions, at least they all have packages with gcc 4.1 which include this library. For information where to find the packages required to install, please refer to SAP Note 909250.

use following standard document to install.

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~swdc/012002523100002073522008D/PlatinManual_3-10003512.TAR?_ACTION=DL_DIREC...

regards,

kaushal

Edited by: kaushal malavia on Mar 25, 2008 5:35 PM

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Selvan,

your "java" command is still the wrong version. I assume it is the one from the GNU Compiler called gcj (as the trace file already states)

What is the output of the command

java -version

? I assume it says something with gcj. Please use the java binary which comes with the SUN JDK/SDK. To use it, you have two possibilities:

• change /etc/alternatives/java to the Sun one, or

• call the java command with the complete path, e.g. /usr/lib/jdk1.5.0_14/bin/java -jar ...SAR

Thanks,

Hannes

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal

Thanks its working fine .

Regards

Selvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kousal ,

Kindly advice me how to uninstall jre from linux , What is the command i have to used ?

Regards

Selvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two ways to uninstall the JRE. Please use the method that you used when you installed the JRE. For example, if you used RPM to install the JRE, then use the RPM uninstallation method.

RPM uninstallation

Note: If you have RPM on your Linux box, you should first find out if Java is already installed using RPM. If Java is not installed using RPM, you should skip reading.

Open Terminal Window

Login as the super user

Try to find jre package by typing: rpm -qa

If RPM reports a package similar to jre-<version>-fcs, then Java is installed with RPM.

Note: Normally, you do not need to uninstall JRE with RPM, because RPM is able to uninstall the old JRE when installing a new version! You may skip reading, unless you want to remove JRE permanently.

To uninstall the JRE, type: rpm -e jre-<version>-fcs

Self-extracting file uninstallation

Find out if Java is installed in some folder. Common locations are /usr/java/jre_<version> or /opt/jre_nb/jre_<version>/bin/java/

When you have located the folder, you may delete folder.

Warning: You should be certain that Java is not already installed using RPM before removing the folder.

Type: rm -r name. For example: rm -r jre1.6.0

if you do not want to uninstall then

Just delete the symbolic link in /usr/java which is pointing back to the alternate stuff and set $JAVA_HOME when you install a fresh copy to point to its location

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koushal ,

I install jre 1.6 on my linux machine . Is it right ? Kindly advice me ?

Regards

Selvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use jdk 1.4.2 , JDK 1.6 is not supported

first uninstall JDK 1.6 then install JDK 1.4.2

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kousal ,

Thanks for your useful answer , As per the document i download the jar file , But am not able to run jar command as per the document . It shows command not found . Kindly tell me what i have to do .

Regards

Selvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you install jdk on linux?

check http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/install-linux.html

after installing JDK set the path for java

check

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

check https://service.sap.com/sapgui-java

look at following reference document for installing sap gui on linux

http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Applications_GUI_Multimedia/HOW_TO_Run_SAP_GUI_On_LINUX_...

regards,

kaushal