cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing activities w.r.t deliveries of year end

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

i have to do closing activities for the year end. I need some clarifications for the following questions:

Open sales orders which are due for delivery within 31st March 2008, are need to be closed. but what about those open sales orders which are due for delivery in the April, may or later ....

what to do with these open sales orders??

open deliveries are to be closed within 31st March, but again what to do with those open deliveries which are to be billed after march 31st.??

Is it required to change the number ranges of the billing docs. and excise invoices. then how to do that. shall i create a new number range and assigned or is there any way where we define these number ranges yearly basis??

It will be very helpful if someone answers these queries and give some guidance what are the other things that i need to take care as a part of the closing activities for the year end from the SD point of view.

thanx in advance,

sourav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open sales orders which are due for delivery within 31st March 2008, are need to be closed. but what about those open sales orders which are due for delivery in the April, may or later ....

what to do with these open sales orders??

Let these Sales Orders be open. It is not a problem.

open deliveries are to be closed within 31st March, but again what to do with those open deliveries which are to be billed after march 31st.??

If Delivery is created in March & supposed to be billed in April, it is a business call, but ideally not recommended. If Delivery is created, ideally it should be billed. However, if it is open delivery which is to be processed after 31st March, it can be left as open delivery.

Is it required to change the number ranges of the billing docs. and excise invoices. then how to do that. shall i create a new number range and assigned or is there any way where we define these number ranges yearly basis??

Incase of Billing Document Number Range need not be changed. However, if Business follows the practice of changing number range, it will be required to be done. Number range for Excise has to be changed every year & the detailscan be provided by the business as to what number range to be maintained for Excise. Ensure that same number range is not maintained for Domestic & Export, else it may create issue while Excise Invoice cancellation.

Number Range for Excise:

T.Code: SNRO

Object - Object Name

J_1I57FC - 57FC Number Range Object

J_1IARE1 - ARE1 Doc No object based on Series Group

J_1IARE3 - ARE3 Doc No object based on Series Group

*J_1IBOND - Excise Bonding: Bond number objectJ_1ICERT - Withholding Tax Certificates (India)*

J_1ICHLNNO - Internal number range for challans

J_1ICONPLA - Consolidated PLA serial no. generation

J_1IDEPINV - Excise Invoice Number for Depot Invoices

J_1IEXCEXP - Export excise invoice number range

J_1IEXCINV - Excise invoice number

J_1IEXCLOC - Local excise invoice numebr range

J_1IEXCTST - Excise invoice with intervals

J_1IEXINEX - Excise invoice number for export

*J_1IINTNUM - Internally document number to be generatedJ_1IINTPR2 - Despatch serial number*

J_1ILIC - Excise Bonding: License number object

J_1IPLA2 - PLA part II number range object

J_1IRG1 - RG1 Number range object

J_1IRG1_T - No. Range for RG1 - Excise group / Material

J_1IRG23A1 - RG23A part 1 no. range object

J_1IRG23A2 - RG23A part II number range object

J_1IRG23C1 - RG23C part I number range object

J_1IRG23C2 - RG23C part II number range object

J_1IRG23D - Folio Numbers for RG 23D

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Edited by: Rajesh Banka on Mar 25, 2008 5:36 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sourav

1) Let the open sale orders be as it is after 31st and there wont be any problem.

2) If goods issue is posted, then you need to invoice on or before 31st. It should not be carried for the next financial year. If for some reason, you will not be generating invoice, then in that case, please reverse the goods issue through VL09. No manufacturing company would be willing to carry forward their inventory value to next financial year. Also they would be more keen to boost their sales and unless they invoice, this is not possible.

3) Other than excise invoice number range, you can continue with existing settings. Of course, you need to ensure that sufficient number ranges are already assigned to the respective document types.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi