Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raw Material Tracing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is in continuation with my previous questions only

We have 2 subcontractors making 2 different FG's for us. Both these FG's have 1 distint material i.e. FG 1 has X & FG 2 has Y.

But there is one material i.e. Z viz used in both these FG's.

I have done all possible solutions i.e. tried with ME2O, MD04 (which shows sub req) which we can interpret. But client wants that if we give a raw material as input; output should be raw material with qty against the subcontractor where it will go so that there is no confusion between subcontractors stock....

My question is how will each subcontractor know that out of 1000 PCS of Z (viz common); 800 is for me and 200 is for other subcontractor

Please help

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

In the special stock segment of stock requirement list the special stocks of your subcontractors are displayed separately. Though you use material 'Z' in relation to two subcontractors, the goods are stored separately in SAP in your vendors' special stock segments.

(You can also use MBLB to get stock riport.)

Via MB1B + 541 + PO reference you can also provide your components to your vendors - in this case your vendors get the exact qty necessary for their production (according to the BOM).

Please clarify what is your purpose exactly.

Thanks,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Assume that MRP will be run in plant for 2 FG's which will create pur req for common RM's

Now suppose these 2 SC's can view MD04 screen. Now for them this is common screen & so many times get confused as what is for each SC..No doubt there is provision of showing sub requirements but our purpose was to get a report in which when u enter a RM; it shows the stock of that + how much is to be procured for which SC

Hence i was trying for something which will show that this much qty of RM is to be used by one SC for making FG1

This is the case.....

Last question; in any case is MRP Area meeting my requirements???

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any comments?

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose you can approach this solution by either creating two storage locations or by identifying the stocks by its batch code.

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In P.O for each subcontractor required qty is defined. Seeing this, subcontractor come to know this much qty is given for me.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

vickey

This is achieved by maintaining quota arrangement usage in material master. You can work with MM consultant for that.

Regards

S.Anbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I know how Quota Arr works and i m not looking for that

My problem is as an MRP Controller; how to know from total stock of say 1000 PCS (of common raw materials); 800 are to be sent to subcontractor 1 & 200 to subcontractor 2

We are not using MRP Area and so trying for some alternative....Even MD06 is not helping

Hope i m clear now

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In raw material mrp 4 view individual / collective indicator - select individual requirement only.

So for each FG dependent requirement will display separately in raw material of MD04 screen.

From this you can able to know the qty for each vendor.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I tried with this also but my case is MTS ie. strategy 40 and b'cos of that it clubs the total requirement of raw materials

First tell me do i need to go for MRP Area?

Will it help or some alterative will do..b'cos even MRP area is not working for raw materials...I tested and kept MRP area for FG's / Semi Finished..but what abt raw materials??

Rgs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

MRP area is not suitable for this.

In my view possibility is from mrp4 view - individual requirement only.

Even though MTS 40 scenario, for raw material try with mrp 4 view without giving any strategy.

Individual/ Collective indicator function is for this purpose only.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharma

I agree with you but in case if i dont keep any strategy; how will i load PIR's?

I guess ME2O or MD04 (of RM which shows sub req) is only feasible solution

However please give some hint

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For raw material why are you require PIR.

Dependent requirement will come from the above level ie, from SFG or FG when mrp run.

If you want to maintain stock create MRP type as VB with lot size HB.You can maintain stock.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

I hope the dep requirements date for Component (Z) falls on same date, u will get single PR for total requirements since the Lot sixe is EX.

Please try this, create two storage loaction for Component Z and assign the sepearte issue storage location for BOM of F1 , F2.

Now run the MRP and see the reults at Md04.

Otherwise please looking for the option to spilit the qty

Regards

pradeep