cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Untagged physical object must be assigned to a tagged parent object ?

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends ,

I am using Auto-ID Test tool as simulattor of Device Controller . When i tried to trigger Tag commissioning from AII , I have sent the proper informations like GTIN , Device Controller ID , command etc.,

It is triggering the rule TAGCOM_AA but i was getting the error at the activity POBJ_CREATE as " Untagged physical object must be assigned to a tagged parent object "

If i do the tag commissioning via Auto-ID Cockpit it correcly processing and sending the XML message to the appropriate destination .

Please clarify !

Thanks & regards.,

V.Rangarajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_habermueller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ranga,

tagcom_aa is used when epc code is already known.

When you want aii to generate the epc code and then sent a print command to device, please use rule tagcomgen_aa.

I have had the same issue some time ago

Make sure that to the devicegroup which is sending the tagcom a printer is assigned, because standard rule wants to sent back command to print the tag.

Good Luck

Michael

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your valuable answer . But, i stuck up at the printer assignment .

My question is

1.If Tag commissioning will be taken care by the Device Controller ( Not by AII ) but command has to go from the AII to device controller . If assign the printer to device group then AII will send directly print command to Printer right ?

Please clarify the Printer assignment steps . I have referred the Slap and Slip configuratuion Guide but still doubt

1. In Device Master Data Settigns - under Device Group Settings i have done as

AII_DC WRITE_DEV_GRP Writer Fixed Device Tag Commissioning Door WRITE_STATION

But i have not assigned the Printer , Where to Define this printer is it RFC Destination ? Pls , clarify this point .

2. If i do that Tag commissioning via Auto ID Cock pit AII is sending Print Command Message to the Device Controller (RFC Destination - which is assigned to the Device Controller )

Once agin thanks for the good reply .

Thanks & regards.,

V.Rangarajan

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

Thanks for your reply. I have solved the problem . I have misunderstood the Configuration steps. Now i have corrected .

Thanks & regards.,

V.Rangarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have similar problem. The ALE message is flowing from microsoft BizTalk and my rule engine gets triggered.I have a rule ZUNLOAD_A , in which i have a standard activity DEVICE_VALIDATE_40 which is giving an exception saying ' Untagged object must have a parent object'. Can you help me on why is this message coming and how can i over come that.

this how the message looks :

OBSERVATION message picked from queue

Message was mapped into 1 internal message(s)

Call rule processor with internal message number 1 for location UNLOADING_GATE

Rule processing started

Evaluation of condition table /AIN/TCONDFRM

Condition for rule ID ZUNLOAD_A is true

Processing activity DEVICE_CREATE_DOCUMENT_INTERN in rule ZUNLOAD_A

Activity DEVICE_CREATE_DOCUMENT_INTERN executed - activity status: OK

Processing activity DEVICE_VALIDATE_40 in rule ZUNLOAD_A

Untagged object must have a parent object. -

>>> ****************

Activity DEVICE_VALIDATE_40 executed - activity status: Exception

No exception activity assigned for activity DEVICE_VALIDATE_40

Rule processing stopped due to activity status

Rule processing stopped due to exit flag in rule ZUNLOAD_A

Processing finished at 13.01.2009 01:51:40,3150000 (UTC)

Thanks for you help in advance!

Regards,

Naveen