cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approval process | MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If I want to create a flexibility in the approval process in MDM where in the approver can either APPROVE or REJECT or put the decision ONHOLD ,how would I accomplish that ?

Views appreciated !!

Regards

Deepak Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Approve and Reject are already there, and say Hold is "what untill and unless an approver does not approve records?? what does it mean??" It means They are on hold so not to worry. we already have all three functionalities.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nicely put . But the need for ONHOLD is specific in the requirement as the client needs to be sure if the approver saw this task in the mail and has deliberately put the request ONHOLD or is it just that the mail dosen't happen to get his attention yet .

How do I implement REJECT ? when I design the workflow using "approve" it just gives me an option to approve it and not reject it .

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

adding to the mentioned issue , for some reason I am not getting a tick mark in the column which workflow creates by the name of the approver saying the record has been approved .I do get the column though , but the tick mark does not appear . When I take my mouse over the record in that column , there is a tool tip which says "Success" . I am on SP06 Patch 1 and the reference guide for data manager does talk about it . Any idea why that is happening ?

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Explicitly On Hold option, i think is not there in Data Manager, but a mail will come surely if approver does not approve if you will use a notify step in Workflow.

Q: How i will do Reject??

Ans: First of all i will recomend just change the name of Approve step in workflow to anything, otherwise you will be confused. Approve is step name and is for Workflow means you are approving and sending Workflow to next step ie Approve step, Just click it and you will be in approve step, now here you can reject or approve records. And untill and unless your workflow have one single record as Mark as Disapproved, you cant go to next step. Just try to put one record as Disapproved and then right click on Workflow, you will see option Previous Step enabled means you have rejected the records and they are going to previous user to modify them again and send to approver.

When all records under workflow will be in right/ approved status, then you can go to next step means stop or any next step which is in workflow will appear when you will right click on workflow.

I am using SP05 5.5.42.98.

Right click on that record>Workflows>There are 3 options:

a) Mark as Approved

b) Mark as Disapproved

c) Unmark

When you click Mark as Approve/Disaaprove, the Tick Mark or Cross Mark appears respectively.

But after clicking any of the both options if you click Unmark. The Tick/Cross Mark will disappear and Unmark option will come Greyed out.

So to again getting the Tick/Cross mark, you have to click either Mark as Approve or Disapprove and corresponding mark will appear again.

BR,

Alok

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Mar 26, 2008 1:36 PM

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Mar 26, 2008 1:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

perfect . Thanks man !

Full marks awarded .

Deepak

Answers (0)