Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI authorization relevant

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I tried to create a custom authorization object for an infoobject otcaactivity (just for eg) .Before that I used RSD1 to make that infobject authorizartion relevant.But after that I inserted the infobject which is made as auth.relevant to the custom object and tried to assign value for the intervals.I got an message as the characteristic value is not authorization relevant...why is that?I tried in sand box..is it any way related to info cube which is not yet created for the particular info object in the sand box thats the reason I get error message ?

Whats the reason to secure characteristics and key figure values?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to activate the business content related to authorizations before even creating custom auth object.

You hv to make the following authorization relevant and this is mandatory for BI 7.0

0TCAACTVT

0TCAIPROV

0TCAVALID

0TCAKYFNM

After you complete the above steps..then you can try creating your custom auth. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Hey,

Activating business content mean making authorization relevant?

For BW3.5 there is no need of the mandatory info objects?(0TCAACTVT ,0TCAIPROV ,0TCAVALID ,0TCAKYFNM)

Whats the difference between securing through reporting authorization object and securing through BI specific object??

Thanks

0 Kudos

Please check this note 820183.

It is best practice to use these special characteristics( 0TCAACTVT ,0TCAIPROV ,0TCAVALID

) in your RS object.( not mandatory)

You still have to use the RS objects like S_RS_COMP, S_RS_SCOMP1,etc