thanks

Hima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Validations are nothing but you are validating the entry in the field by some criteria. For Example, if you want make Cr.control area to be only say XXX, even though you have 2 or 3 cr ctrl areas then you can have a validation such that for 01 to 96 posting keys, check whether cr. ctrl area is XXX or else throw an error. This is validation. To create a validation go to T.Code OB28

Substitution is nothing but, you are substituting a value based on some entry. Say for Example, if you want to have the business area populated on the basis of section code in T.Code MIRO, you can use Substitution. To create a substitution go to T.Code OBBH.

If helpful, plz assign points.

Regards

Rajaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hima,

Substitutions

Substitutions are basically user created rules to fill certain fields. For example, where ever the transaction code is FB50, and the GL account is say 11122233, then the cost center should be 7040.

This can be created as a substitution rule in OBBH. Here we first define the field that has to be substituted, in the above example Cost center. Secondly we define the prerequisited i.e where the transaction code is FB50 and the GL is 11122233.

Then we define that a constant has to be filled in the cost center field i.e 7040.

Validations

Validations are created to have controls in place in OB28.

For example, you want only one user to make any entry in the GL account 11122233. Then you can create validation rules like,

where the GL is 11122233, check if the user is XYZ. If no, then the system will throw an error.

Assign points if useful

regards

Venkatesh