cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROE Integration title block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to update the title block of the drawing in PROE with the Revision field after release of the DIR. The problem I'm facing is that the document cannot be checked out post release and hence I'm unable to update revision field in the Title block of the drawing.

Also the "Update Parameters" in .Reiss doesn't have "Update Revision" Option. Please let me know how I can achieve this.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you explain the scenario in details...

you can go for Versioning once the document is released....

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps.!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Niranajan,

I understand we can continue versioning after release.

My question is about updating the title block parameters after the document is released (or in locked status), for example,

Example 1. I want the status in the title block to be changed from "create" to "In work" to "review" to "released" as the DIR status changes. I'm able to achieve "create" and then "In work" in title block as the status gets updated when I check out the document, but review and release are locked statuses so when I promote the document to relelase the status entry in the title blok isn't getting updated.

Example 2. I also want to update the revision of a released (i.e. locked) DIR in the title block.

I know this can be achieved by having custom code along with a conversion engine but would like to know any other simple updating techniques if any!

please let me know if you need more details,

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess not possible... For status of type S i.e. LOCKED, you might not be able to change the document tbk.

Mostly will be possible via ABAP code.

Niranjan

Let me know if you get a workaround for this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The work around I know is in my above reply. But I still need to find a simpler way of doing this. Populating values in the title block is very important and there should be a way to do this.

Thank you for your time Niranjan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One workaround could be...

in config of ProE.. you put a code

if DIR status is RE then, tbk mapping is RE or whatever you want...

The If condition im talking @ is possible for Inventor so must be possible for ProE also...

just check documentation from Riess...

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps...