cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP-->PI-->ABAP Proxy Async Scenario - Acknowledgement Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a third-party PeopleSoft system sending an Asynchronous message to PI Web Service (#1) which is then routed to the ECC system for processing.

The requirement is to send the PeopleSoft system some kind of Acknowledgement (transport or Application or System) in the same channel as the incoming message from Peoplesoft to PI using SOAP.

We don't want to do Sync Processing as it is going to hold PeopleSoft up until the message is processed by ABAP Server proxy. We don't want to initiate another async message back to PeopleSoft from PI as it will require a Web Service on peoplesoft side to accept the message a another outbound channel from PI to PeopleSoft.

My understanding is that the SOAP Adapter does not support Acknowledgements. Is that true?

If that's true can we create a Java Client Proxy (instead of SOAP Call) with acknowledgements requests (since Proxies support requesting acknowledgements) and deploy it a s a Web Service on PI server that PeopleSoft can use? This way SOAP adaper will not be used.

I understand that this is maintenance overhead on PI system as we are providing and maintaining Web Service (#2) for third-party rather than having them creating an application program to use Web Service(#1) and request acknowledgements, but is there any other way to address this?

I will appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,

Saurabh

I understand that ABAP Proxies supports acknowledgement, but what needs to be done in the third-party system to be able to receive acknowledgements. Is there any special config. that needs to be done in Sender SOAP adapter?

What diff. needs to be done in ABAP proxy to be able to send acknowledgement messages, any config. in XI receiver adapter?

I will appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer below same discussion as here system acknowledgment was send via SOAP adapter

-- Answer given by Keerti

Acknowledgement procedure with Java Proxy

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/65c844539349e9b1450581ab44a5e6/content.htm

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/23/communication-between-sap-system-webservice-using-proxies

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/06/05/web-services-the-case-of-the-missing-soap-action-header

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3531 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Thanks

Swarup