cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using variables in Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing a BPM scenario where I am sending purchase orders(PO) to a 3rd party system.I am using alerts when there is an error,in alert inbox I get a msg of the sender and receiver services etc ,but I also want in which PO the error has occured to be displayed.I came across this good link but not sure how to implement this.Can you help me with this guys,appreciate your help.I mean to ask where exactly I need to use this container and what to give in the properties.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/1b9259fb002be8e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Points will be awarded

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Container Operations you have to assigen the value to the variable maintained in container

Assigns a value to a single line or multi-line container element. This value overwrites the previous value. You can use this container operation to count a counter variable.

Also Refer

Simple Steps to Get Descriptive Alerts from BPM in XI

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/16/simple-steps-to-get-descriptive-alerts-from-bpm-in-xi

Alerts with variables from the messages payload (XI) – UPDATED

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

also refer similar discussions

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Mar 25, 2008 4:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any feedback,suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

to get number of PO wich fail, in the BPM add a new container and assign to it the PO number using a container Object.

ADD a new control Object. In Action Property select THROW ALERT. Put the Alert category you define previously.

in the ALERT MESSAGE add this for example:

THE PO which fails is &PO_FAILS&

where PO_FAILS is the container where you assign the PO number.

this way i use to trigger Fails IDocs Numbers

Rgds

Rodrigo

PS: reward points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you solve your issue??

Former Member
0 Kudos

no I am doing it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my scenario I have a syn send step which sends the POs and then I use a switch step to check the response and throw an alert.So do I need to put the container just before the control.what all do I need to give in the properties in the container.Can you please explain me in more detail if you can

Thanks

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

IM BPM create a new CONTAINER ELEMENT type string and call it FAIL_PO.

after proxy, add a new CONTAINER OPERATOR.

properties:

TARGET: FAIL_PO

operation: assign

Expresion: <Select the ID field of PO> E.X: Message./p1:MT_PO\orders\ID_ORDER

after container operator add a new control operator:

Properties:

action THROW ALERT

ALERT CATEGORY: Add the name of the alert category

ALERT MESSAGE: Write this for example:

Error In Purchase Order. ID Number: &FAIL_PO&.

Thanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get alerts into my alert inbox but no details are specified

I get this in short text

< SXMS_ERROR_CAT not found> Error on System XID-010 for Msg < SXMS_MSG_GUID not found>

I get this in long text

< SXMS_ERROR_CAT not found> Error - < SXMS_ERROR_CODE not found>

System: XID-010

Message ID: < SXMS_MSG_GUID not found>

Sender: < SXMS_FROM_SERVICE not found>

Interface: < SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE not found>

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you must create the containers elements.

go to container elements add press create new

in ELEMENT text box put SXMS_FROM_SERVICE

same in NAME and Description.

later in Abap Dict. Data Type >search for data alement>SXI_TO_SERVICE

see this too

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

later in Long and short Text put the container beetwen && --> &SXMS_FROM_SERVICE&

Thanks

Rodrigo

Edited by: Rodrigo Pertierra on Mar 26, 2008 11:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done everything you mentioned above, it does not work.I got this link which says that you cannot use these container variables for alerts of the Business Process Engine (BPE),So you have any idea what we need to use in BPE.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about the getting the PO from mapping and using it in the alerts?

I am sure that this should be possible, but not sure how to achieve this.

reg

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

here you mentioned two kind of error, one for send the PO number from BPM and other is the containers you have to define for long and short text

if you wat to trigger the the PO number from BPM just do the step i explained you before but in long and short text do put nothing.

thanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

The BPM alert works.

I have not given any expressions in container and left short and long text empty as you said, and checked the dynamic text box in alert category.

I am still working on sending alerts if I have a mapping error or other alerts,I guess I need to create a new category with all expressions in container with short and long text.

Thanks for your help man,appreciate it.I have awarded points.

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you create a new category with same name and assign long and short text, thats what i did its worked perferct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rodrigo,one more question if you can answer

While doing BPM alerts I am displaying PO No into my alert inbox,I also want PO Line No also to be displayed,In BPM container operation do you know how to add more than one XPATH Expression without inserting one more container operation to my BPM.

Thanks

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

sry, i dont know, y try to do the same but im finished adding others containers operation foe each xpath. and later join all result to one message error in control operator --> Error Message

Hope you can solve your issue

Thanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can take a look in this blog to check on where to put the variables.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step