cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi looking for SAP SD cook book and Configuration guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP SD.I m looking for SAP SD cookbook and SAP Implementing guides.

-I wan to know how to develop a functional spec,if anybody have a example it will be good for me.

-In what sense a functional consulatnt will be differenciate in a support and implementation project.Though there are lot guides and support is availiable but i could nt differenciate in between them.

So if anybody could explain me what is the role of a consultant in a project in day to day basis and in complete implementation project.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To summarise the main things will be as under:

The responsibilities of a support consultant wud be:

- Primarily responsible for Handling tickets and application support to the endusers

- When an issue comes diagnose, analyse and solve the issue

- Responsible for any enhancements

- Writing functional specs and interacting with Abapers to develop any user exits

- Training the end users and preparing end user training material

Also,

Role of a Functional Consultant in an End To End Implementation may include:

1. Functional consultant is expected to generate knowledge about the current business process, design current business flows, study current business processes and its complication, in all we can say getting through with current business setup. Flow diagrams and DFD are prepared, most of the time in Vision format, all this forms the part of AS IS document.

2. Everything configured has to be documented as per their categories in the form of predefined templates, these have to be then approved by the team leads or who ever the consultant is reporting to.

3. Mapping and GAP analysis is done for each module, I have seen people defining integration after mapping, gap analysis and configuration is done, but as per my experience in implementation, it is a simultaneous process.

4. Before starting configuring future business processes in SAP, the DFD/ERD are prepared, this documentation is called TO BE, which can be also siad as the result of mapping and gap analysis.

5. Sometimes Functional consultants are also expected to prepare test scripts for testing the configured scenarios.

6. End user manual and user training is also expected from F.Consultants.

The project normally starts off with a Kick off meeting in which the team size, team members, reporting system, responsibilities, duties, methodlogy, dates and schedules, working hours which have been predicided are formally defined.

ASAP, it won't be possible for me to explain it here, but all I can tell you about it is that it is SAP standard implementation methodology, which SAP prescribes but is not mandatory for any company to follow, such as IBM follow some blue Methodlogy, some companies follow typical SDLC steps, ASAP stands for Accerlated SAP, you can find all the steps on SAP site, through google, reading it from there won't give you a great knowledge about ASAP but will obviously get you to know the definitions of various term.

Hope this helps u.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Thanks for answering my quesion.I know this much whatever u answered here.I wan to know how a functional spec has to generated with requirement specified .Is there any documentary proof u can share with then plz let me know in my id :-dikun_12345@rediffmail.com.I wan to know the steps to be followed.I had rewarded the points.

Is there any SD configuration difference in SAP 4.6c and SAP ECC 6.0 ?if yes then what r the most transactional codes effected.

Good Luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Implementing SAP R/3 Sales & Distribution - by Glynn William. This is an excellent book & it is recommended to buy a hard copy of the same.

Function Specs at High level is providing the business requirement & logic to meet the same to the technical person. It invovles providing logic, Table & field mapping, captures test scenario's & so on ....

In implementation, Consultant will get a clean system & he has to do the necessary configuration & also provide logic to Abaper for developments required. In support, it is alive system & some issues are raised, which is expected to be resolved, so we require to identify problem area & resolve the issue. In implementation, we require to do the AS-IS, TO-BE, Configuration, Unit & Integration testing, handle cut-over activites & so on....

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for answering my quesion.I know this much whatever u answered here.I wan to know how a functional spec has to generated with requirement specified .Is there any documentary proof u can share with then plz let me know in my id :-dikun_12345@rediffmail.com.I wan to know the steps to be followed.I had rewarded the points.

Good Luck.