cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i want to ask if i have to use " inspection plan" or "material specifications" although i put the inspection characterisitics in the operations of the master reciepe,

and what about a raw material(which hasn't a recipe), where can i put the insp. char. ?????

mayada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mayada

Inspection plan /material specification will be used for goods receipt inspection.

Goods receipt inspection means , if it is external procured item , it is inspection of Goods receipt from purchase order( inspection type 01)

If it is inhouse production item , good receipt from Production order.( inspection type 04)

If you want to do inprocess inspection , you need to assign characteristics to operations in recipe.This is inspection type 03.

Inthis type (03) of inspection inspection lot will be created when process order is released.

Hope it is clear to you.

Regards

YMREDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

which control key do I need to use for the operation with the inspection characteristics to block the confirmation entries until the inspection entries are made? Meaning the confirmations entries should only be continued if the inspections entries are completed?

Thanks

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use control key QM04.

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For inhouse produced material, where you already have the routing, you need not to maintain sepecrate inspection plan. you can maintain the characteristics in the routing itself. (transaction CA02). Insert a seperate operation as Inspection in the routing & assign inspection characteristics, sampling procedure as per your requirement. When the production order for the material is released, then system will create an inspection lot, for which you can post the results of the characteristics. Also depending upon your control key, system will also restrict the confirmation of the production operation before the inspection lot is cleared.

For raw material, you will have to create inspection plan if you want to inspect by the characteristics. (transaction code QP01). In the inspection plan, you can enter inspection operations & then maintain the inspection characteristics for the operation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prashant