cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity for a Barcode Scanner

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

We are planning on using the Internec CK61 for our Mobile roll-out. We won't be using Wi-Fi, so we are left with a LAN or USB connection. The specs say that you can get a docking cradle with a USB port. It says USB host and client. Does this mean that I would connect through the cradle via USB to an installed application on the laptop then to the Mobile server? The CK61 would have the mobile client on it.

Would the installed application on the laptop be an MI related application?

For the ethernet communication I would guess you just plug it into a hub and the device will synch with Mobile Infrastructure through HTTP as normal.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

uwe_hrter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi George,

I don't exactly know the Intermec CK61 but usually that kind of device connects via USB to a PC using Active Sync. What you would have to do to use this connection is just to install MS Active Sync on the computer and, of course, connect that computer to a LAN from where the middleware can be reached.

When conncting your mobile device via USB to your computer for the first time, Active Sync pops up and asks for some more information (because it wants to synchronize Outlook information to the device). You can abort this step of installation. For sync between mobile device and middleware only a 'guest'-connection ist needed. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Uwe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

perhaps the writing is a little bit confusing. At the end it is pretty much the same like connecting any mobile device via USB cable to the PC. It is then recogniced by ACTIVE SYNC and you can browse the web from the device - for example - or mails are synchronized. And so you can sync MI cause now you have connection fro the device to the local network.

At the end that is it - but because the device as such has no direct USB plug - you need the cradle to be able to connect the device to the PC.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see your problem...

I have a recent project with PDA intermec and barcode scanner... The PDA sync with wifi, and work very fine.

Regards,