cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice "in a carton"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello;

We are trying to gather "best practice" information to convince the business to STOP putting the invoice in the carton (along with the packing list and goods shipped). I would greatly appreciate feedback if your place does or does not do this as a practice.

I would greatly appreciate either a reponse to this post - email response (gdelon3@yahoo.com):

A) - Name of company

B) - type of industry (chemicals, consumer goods, retail, etc.)

C) - Invoice sent after shipment - or with the shipment (if with the shipment - why)...

I have indicated to the business that this is not a "best practice" - and they in turn have requested a list of companies who DO NOT do this. I have read through forums and blogs with no success.

THANKS SO MUCH!

Gina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Gina.

Nandu has made a great case. and i think the greatest one is that how the company handles its documents is its decision.

but i can also understand your predicament. as of now, i do not know of any company that packs the invoice and packing list together with the goods in the box.

however, i can remember a time (and it was a very, very long time ago - hahahahaha) when this was being done. the company did put the invoice and packing list inside the carton with the goods. this usually was done with goods delivered via postal or parcel service. the customer receives the goods and the bill. the packing list ensures the customer has a checklist to see if he/she got everything.

if your client company does this, but still has electronic data in SAP i see no problems. this assumes that it is alright for the company that information in these documents may get into unintended hands.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan - and thank you for your response...

Would you mind sending me your "clients" who did or did not do this (invoice w/shipment) - feel free to send via email at gdelon3@yahoo.com...

You'll see from my response to Nandu - that yes, it is entirely up to the business - but we are trying to get the business to understand the implications of not doing standard SAP (where there are enhancements, the cost of the enhancements long-term, etc.). The more we can get them to change to SAP standard - the more success the overall implementation will be (isn't that a dream for all of us out there in the SAP world?) ha ha. We have this year to obtain decisions - and next year to design (isn't that a dream as well).

THANKS SO MUCH!

Gina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gina

Printing of Invoices is very much a Company decision - what needs to be kept in mind for this are:

for not sending along with shipment:

1) If shipment is being carried out by the warehouse, should they be aware of the selling prices?

2) does shipment process involve interface with other softwares linked to SAP?

3) what happens if pricing is not updated in SAP at the time of shipment and the authorized person sits else where?

This situations does happen at times especially when price is subject to valid date

4) If discounts are applicable per customer, does the management want the warehouse staff to know of this?

5) valuable resouces can be saved for the SAP sytem by having the billing process - subsequent print outs done thru a night time job daily.

6) in many cases, billing documents are sent by EDI-IDOCs and / or by email instead of hard copy printouts - in such case, why print at time of shipment.

I can go on and on with such points - but you need to work out the issues / points based on your companys requiremnt adn see the best fit possible -

What works for one need not be suitable for another.

I have worked for clients where both scenarios were present - that is printout for factory shipments and in case of warehouse shipments it was always printed and sent later.

best wishes

nandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nandu - and thank you for your response.

Yes - we are simply trying to convince the business that placing the invoice in the carton is not a "best practice" based on the very reasons you've indicated.

I'd love a list of your "clients" (their name and industry) - and whether they actually put the invoice in the shipment or not (and if they do - why). That is the level we are presenting to the business at this time. If they see some familar companies who do not put the invoice with the shipment - it will ease them a bit -- if that makes sense.

We have this year to resolve desicions with the business - so that in Jan/2009, we can start design - and we are trying to get the business to go with standard SAP as much as possible.

If you don't want to post them - feel free to email me at gdelon3@yahoo.com.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Gina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gina

Much as I would like to, due to customer confidentiality clauses, I cannot provide information -

Best wishes

Nandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totally understand...

Is it possible to list:

1. of MAJOR companies (and whether yes or no)

2. of MINOR companies (and whether yes or no)

???