cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completion rule in quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I would like to know how i can create a completion rule witch complete de quotation when the billing type (pro forma) is done?

What i want is to create the quotation (VA21) and then create the Billing document witch is related (VF01) and at this time the quotation need to stay complete.

Thanks

Lina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lina,

Completion rule in quotation is only supported for the items which are relevent for delivery. if the item is not relevent for delivery, it will not support.

A. Item is completed with first reference. it is used for Inquiries. it means once you create a quotation with refer to an Inquiry, then the system assign a ststus 'completed' for inquiry.

B. Item is completed if the target qty has been fully referenced. used for quotations. it means the quotation will be completed once the full quantity has been referenced by Sales order. then the system assign a status ' completed' for quotation. the quotation will be in open if the total qty in quotation has not been fully referenced by sales orders.

you are asking that is it possible to create an invoice with refer to a sales order which habe been referenced by Quotation.

Generally you create an invoice with reference to order only for the credit memos, debit memos, service items and text items. in these scenerios, item is nit relevent for delivery for delivery. so that the completion rule will not support .

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pathic!

I have tried your suggestion and it still not working....

I changed the positive/negative Qty enter value as '+' in copying control of quotation to billing document and the quotiation still Pending after the creation of the billing document....

I think is because the billinh document is type "U" (Pro - Forma)....

Thank you for your help

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

My questions about rebate are:

1 - Can anyone knows if in extended rebate processing, is possible to collect for the sales volume a billing document witch was used in the settlement?

For example, a have a rebate (1) witch was settled with document type ZBR1 and i have another rebate (2) that need to collect all the documents type ZBR1.

The problem, is that, even if the document type ZBR1 is already marked as a type to have in count in the process, he is never collect for the sales volume of rebate (2). I think is because he was used in settlement...

Do you know if i can collect a document wich was automaticaly created in the processing of one rebate in another rebate?

2 - I want to be abble to spread a rebate settlement in the same condition of rebate even if this condition have more than one record.

For examble:

- Rebate agreement 1: Condition type: ZP1A

In Condition ZP1A i have 2 records: Material Hierarchy 003003004004 and Material Hierarchy 004003004002.

For the settlement of rebate, the sales volume must be the total of the 2 records. And i need to be able to give different credits in the 2 records.

In Material Hierarchy 003003004004 i want to give a credit of 2% if get 1000€ of the total of the contition (Material Hierarchy 003003004004 + Material Hierarchy 004003004002) and in Material Hierarchy 004003004002 i want to give 5% if get 1000€ of the total of the condition (Material Hierarchy 003003004004 + Material Hierarchy 004003004002)

Thank you very much

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lina,

You need to work at two places to achieve this.

1. You need to check the item category in the quotation for which you need to achieve the completion. After deciding the item category goto t.code VOV7, select the item category go to the detailed screen, in the business data section for the field 'Completion Rule' set the value as A(for completion with 1st ref) or B(for completion when full quantity is referenced)

2. Next, you need to work on copying control of billing document from quotation in t.code VTFA, use the push button 'position' to reach the copy control table for your billing type and quotation type, select the line, now from the left hand margin click on 'item'. this will display a list of item categories possible in quotation. here select the same item category as you worked on in step 1, on the detailed screen in the field 'positive/negative Qty enter value as '+' (you might have to take a ABAP help to achieve this)

But use this with extreme caution, as SAP does not allow updation of reference documents by creation of proforma invoices.

As well put forward your query regarding rebates as to what do you want to achieve.

Regards,

PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much....

Do you think that creating an status profile doesn´t support my issue?

Is any one expert in extended rebate processing?

Thank you all

Lina

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the standard you cannot create a billing document with reference to a Quotation. The solution for your requirement is, define a Dummy Order type with default delivery block. Create a release order using this Dummy order and then create the proforma invoice(order related).

Make sure to maintain the relevant copy controls. Configure the completion rule as per your requirement.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In standard SAP its not possible to create a invoice with reeference to quotation. you can create invoice with reference to order (doc category C ) you cant create invoice with ref to inquiry and quotation....

if you need to create some proforma invoice with ref dummy sales order... configure new order type for that purpose

reward if helps

Muthu

Edited by: Muthupandiyan on Mar 25, 2008 11:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the completion rule in item category.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be u can think of defining a status profile and assign it to your quotation document type.

Rgds

Sai