cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Is it possible to hide fields types like Images, long text, qualified lookup table. This is all part of the std business content which we won't be using for now - but we may use if in future. So we don't want to delete them - just want to hide them? They kind of take u pa lot of viewing space in the data manager.

-Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

In addition to Alok, you can hide the field from data manager as per display purpose and also you can make it avialable in DM when you want to use.

Just go to View-->Field.here you can hide and display all the fields whichever you want.

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alok/Saurabh,

I am aware of the hide feature which hides in the Record-List Area. What I meant was: hiding fields in the Record-Editing area - its those horizontal bands of the previously mentioned field types that occupy unnecessary screen space.

Is this funtionality, to hide, available ?

-Vinay

Edited by: Vinay on Mar 25, 2008 8:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

As per my knowledge, there is no such functionality in MDM till now.

That is the only option which we can use.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Login in DM and Right click on Field Tab-->Hide.

I dont know whether this functionality is useful in real time scenarios or not. But you can hide a field in DM.

Rewards if helpful.

BR,

Alok

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Mar 25, 2008 12:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

You can hide fields on Portal iViews but not on MDM Data Manager. You can make them read-only but couldnt make it hidden.

Thanks,

Raghavendra