cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubt in idoc 2 file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create idoc 2 file scenario with out any Transformation.

In that case how/what to create Data type for receiver.

I want to receive the same idoc in the receiver folder/Directory (like XML file) with out any transformation.

Thanks

Ruban

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this scenario you need to create the Data type structures as similar to IDOC type and just have to transfer to file without FCC.

It will transfer the IDOC data as it is in XML format

refer

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters - IDoc to File

/people/venugopalarao.immadisetty/blog/2007/01/24/troubleshooting-file-to-idoc-scenario-in-xi

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/error%2bhandling%2bin%2bfile-idoc%2bscenario

(Just avoid using FCC conversions on receiver file adapter in above scenarios)

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Mar 24, 2008 6:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply.

I understand that i need to create data type for reciver similar to idoc str.

i saved that idoc structure as a XSD file in my desktop after importing into IR.

sorry i could not understand how to create similar structure to that IDOC sender structure.

I read that blogs. could you tell me how to do that.

Thanks

Ruban

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You are right....Create the XSD file on local desktop. Then import it as external defination in IR.

now use it directly as message type in your IDOC to file scenario for File side structure. No need of creating Data types.

Remaining things like Mapping and then configurations in ID will be as it is.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry to ask Q's again.

I did that also. I created that external definition.

How can i use that external definition in My receiver Message type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to create the Message Type directly drag n drop the External defination in the Message Mapping and Message Interface. Treat it in place of Message Type..directly as you will be doing it for IDOC ...you will be directly using it in mapping without any message type same way trat for external defination.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this scenario you don't have to create any target data type. Just use the same imported IDOC for both source as well as target. So in IR you will just import the IDOC and nothing else. In ID perform all the steps needed for IDOC to File.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1009864
Participant
0 Kudos

There is no need to create Message type for that scenario

Just use imported object in both sender and receiver side

And then make a mapping and the scenario is fine for working

Reword points if help full

Thanks