Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Address in Outlook Inbox

former_member25156
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sending a message to an employee when they change their eg. Banking Information in our Portal using SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1. Which works successfully. The mail gets sent and I make the "SENDER_ADDRESS = 'PAYROLL'".

'PAYROLL' is a communications user in my system. When the mail gets sent it shows the "Owner" as the first and last name of my user with ID 'PAYROLL'. But when I release it to go to my outlook inbox, the username in the FROM field is 'PAYROLL' instead of the First and last name combination in the USR01 record.

What I want to know is if there is some configuration in SCOT where I can tell it to use the Firstname+lastname combination to out this in the FROM field when it gets sent to outlook.

Thanks and regards,

Ronald Meyer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member25156
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SOLVED.

The reason why I did not have the correct "FROM" name in the sender field in MS Outlook is because the client had already a user in their MS Exchange system called payroll ... I changed the SENDER_ADDRESS to another name and the "FROM" field in outlook resolved to the correct format in MS Outlook ...

Ronald G. Meyer

former_member25156
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a further example.

If workflow sends a mail, it uses WF-BATCH (Username = Workflow UserSurname = System)

When the mail gets sent to Outlook from SOST, the "FROM field in Outlook Reads "Workflow System" and not WF-Batch, this is what I wish to achieve.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

regards,

Ronald Meyer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

I think it is because you have hard coded PAYROLL.

You need to change the logic as simple as that.

Regards.

Ruchit.