cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregated Life Cycle Planning is not executing the phase in and phase out

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to execute the forecast at the product group level and are doing the life cycle planning at the product level hence for this I am trying to use the aggregated planning functionality. The issue that I have been facing is the following:

• I have maintained a base settings in which I have specified that the product as the characteristics for the life cycle planning

• I have checked the aggregated planning for phase in and phase out indicator

• In the assignment table I have specified the product which I want to phase out with the corresponding phase out profile with from and to dates.

• I have checked the life cycle planning indicator in the master forecast profile

When I am running the forecast at the product group level the system should be looking at the detailed level phase in and phase out profiles it is the message says that

“Aggregated life cycle planning could not be executed for the phase in and phase out profiles”

Could some one please help.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All your settings look correct for doing Aggregated LC Planning. I would do two more checks

1. Run Forecast at Product level to confirm that Phase-in/Phase out at detail level are getting picked up at all.

2. I may have this wrong. But I thought "the aggregated planning for phase in and phase out indicator" in your second point allows you to have wildcards in LC assignments, to help you run Forecasts at Prod Group level. IN this case you would need to have Product and Product Group as two basic characteristics for doing LC planning. Then in your assignments use a wildcard for Product Group.(I could be wrong on this as I dabbled with this quite sometime ago). So try to switch off the Aggregate Planning Phase-in and Phase-out Indicator to see if it works.

The other thing I would advise is to have all the OSS notes on Aggregated LC planning to be applied based on your patch level since this seems to a slightly fragile functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply.

1. I did try to run the forecast at the product group and the product level and was able to get the phase in / out effect, but since running the forecast at the product level is not what we are planning to do hence it cannot be an alternative

2. I did try the switching off of the aggregated indicator for the phase in and phase out profile and the system has still not been picking up the required profiles.

3. I have looked at the various OSS notes and they divided into the functionality and the performance enhancements in aggregated planning none of them apply to the version 5.1 that we are working in and the ones that are old I have gone back and looked at the auto corrections suggested by them in the system and have been able to find it.

Is there anything else that comes to your mind, I am planning to open an oss message on the same