cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending "ZIP" file over webservice --> SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello XPert's,

In one of my requirement I need to send an "ZIP" file using web service to XI. So my scenario is

Client ( XI Web Service) -- > SAP XI --> SAP ( Creating ZIP File again in specified folder).

Any idea / help / blogs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Rgds,

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might help you

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Agasthuri,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I have already gone thru the refered blog...however in my scenario I have to send zip file over web service to SAP XI.

Nilesh

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nilesh,

Welcome to the axis world....

you can do this by specifying your own attachment....using the axis webService for the same...

send me an email if you need more info..!

Regards

Ravi Raman

Please read the Forum's Rules of Engagement,

i.e.,

[/thread/117188 [original link is broken];

and refrain from using email correspondence as the main objective of the Forums is to share knowledge.

SDN PI/XI Forum Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

My email id :

Many thanks in advance.

Nilesh

Please read the Forum's Rules of Engagement,

i.e.,

[/thread/117188 [original link is broken];

and refrain from using email correspondence as the main objective of the Forums is to share knowledge.

SDN PI/XI Forum Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this weblog on how to zip the file using XI:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

Check this out !

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework%3Fpage%3Dlast%26x-order%3Ddate%26x-showcontent%3Doff

also

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/965256

You can use PayloadZip Bean

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework%3Fpage%3Dlast%26x-order%3Ddate%26x-showcontent%3Doff

Through command line Check case 2 in this blog

you can use execute operating system command option to achieve this. or you can use some java logic in UDF to send the file in ZIP format.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/02/08/xipi-command-line-sample-functions

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Swarup!

Rek is to send zip file over webservice to SAP XI and then create again in some receiver sap folder. Zip file may content "n" number of files.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Try with SOAP adapter with module PayloadZip Bean. I had given the link of it in my previous post.

I am not sure if this could resolve your purpose as probably adapter modules will not work with sender SOAP ...but its not sure.. Try it out.

Probably you could go ahead with sending the attachment via SOAP adapter that facility is available.

Thanks

Swarup

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys for valuable suggestions !!

I still could not find the way to send Zip file over web service( Independed on number of files zipped inside).

However I solved my issue by sending all files over webservice in one message. So we do not have to zipped them.

But this is interesting scenario...I'll try to find out solution for this. Or anybody knows how to send zip file over webservice to SAP XI and reproduce the zip file @ receiving end ( independent of number of files zipped) pls. share information.

Thanks again!

Nilesh