cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconcialation account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have assigned Reconcialation in vendor master which is wrong. I need assign a new reconcialiation account in vendor master. That old reconcialation account is assigned to so many vendor masters and in that thousand of postings are there. And how to transfer the posting from old reconcialation account to new reconcialation account. Please Urgent.

Thanks and Regards

Balu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can follow below options :

1. When you change the recon account of a vendor (or customer), the existing open items are never transferred to the new recon. Account. When they get cleared, then will the balance gradually 'disappear' from the 'wrong' reconciliation Account. The Report Program SAPF101 allows you to post a reclass entry at period end in order to correct your balance sheet statement by transferring the balance from the area where the old recon account is to the area where the new recon account is. A typical example would be a transfer from 'Third party payable' to 'Intercompany Payable'. This entry is reversed on the first day of the next period.

SAPF101 cannot post to the recon account directly, that's why you have to provide account determination in tr. OBBW.

2. If you change the reconciliation account you can use the reclassification program that performs a G/L correction from the old rec account to the new one.

ex :

Old reconciliation account balance 100

correction account old -100

correction account new 100

New reconciliation account balance X

then old reconciliation + correction account old = 0

and new reconciliation account + correction account new = X+100

from my recollection it is SAPF101 or something like that

3. The best possible way is u create same vendor with new reconciliation account, and clear old recon account line items by transferring to new recon account vendor.

Even though it is a tedious job, it will give 100% accurate in ur working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Balu

You do not need to transfer the "posting" and there is not any point of doing it,

For this particular reason (and for another two that I will discuss later on) was created the transaction FAGLF101 - Sorting/Reclassification (New) (in version ECC6 new general ledger, if you need in an old version, I will look for the specific transaction).

This Tcode, only for the balance sheet purposes, post additional journal entries in order to present the entire amount throughout the last year to the former Reconciliation in the correct Reconciliation (which is the last and the current one).

Those additional journal entries are of course reversed on the first day after the balance sheet date.

Two other functions of those Tcode, is to distinguish between long and short term balances and between debit and credit total amount for each account.

If this answer was helpful, Pls point me,

Regards,

Yoav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoav

Thanks for your valuable information.

But i am using 4.7 version. Can please tell me the procedure with t.codes for doing this job. Please give in detail

Thanks and Regards

Balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to transfer the posting from old reconcialation account to new reconcialation account you can use Tcode LSMW

you must create a project for that and prepare a file *txt that contain the postings.

Hope this helps

Regards