cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete wrong data in APO live cache?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I`ve facing a problem in APO when using the Info Cube combination. We uploaded a file with a wrong data (dealer data) in apo and when the problem was realized we uploaded the file again with the correct data.

But when we execute the transaction MC62 we have a message that some combinations were not done.

I`d like some help in order to correct this inconsistenses data in the live cache.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Renata

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By uploading you mean uploading CVCs directly to APO through flat file?

How do you know that you have inconsistencies or suspect some of the CVCs not created?

These are the questions you need to ask yourself.

If you are generating the CVCs from a cube, check if the cube has atleast all characteristics in your POS.

If you are uploading from a flat file, you have to check the combinations in APO and the ones in your flat file manually and find out what's missing and reload them.

If you have any duplicates, you can delete them in MC62.

All this actually depends on what you mean by "wrong data" as per your scenario.

There is a program where you can correct inconsistencies in POS

/SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONS_CHECK

Please let us know if you have more questions.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the process that we are using is:

1)Upload a file in APO using a Y transaction (client, vehicle model,plant, etc)

2) Access the MC62 transaction to generate the combinations, in APO directly

When we execute the system inform us that are incorrect combinations .

I`m suposing that we have inconsistences in live cache because when the user did the ulpload of the mentioned flat file it was done with wrong data for the dealer. So, the user corrected the file and did the upload again. Now we have the correct data in APO but the combinations are wrong. We imagine tha these wrong data that was uploaded first are in the live cache.

This is why I wolud like to know how to clean this data in live cache or check it.

Thank you so much,

Regard,

Renata

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you saying you do not keep archives of files that are uploaded into APO ? In that case you should consider some design change and have a copy of the file archived in a folder.

Coming onto your Q, the way I would go about it is to check the backup infocubes - hope you are keeping certain lag days of planning area backups. Pickup a backup that has data before the bad upload happened and pick the one after bad upload happened. Using a CVC dump from these two infocubes, you can do a quick comparison using MS ACCESS tool on the delta upload. This will help identify the bad data that got uploaded.

You should also consider some kind of audit program that looks at CVCs and ensures that they align with your heirarchy.

The other thing you can also try is to go to Listcube transaction of the Infocube through which data comes in, and use the Change ID filter (with the date) to get the list of CVCs at a certain point in time. You can easily find using MS ACCESS tool the delta upload.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please can you help me infoming what is the transaction that I can list the list cube?

Thanks,

Renata

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your questions you asked.

1) get the names of the cubes where the backup of the planning areas go, Once you have the names if you have a daily backup of certain key figures. Then use the cube and identify the request number (If we load data daily into a cube then each time you lead the whole load is associated with a request number. and you can easily see it with the help of any BW knowledge people's help.) ask them to show you that particular day's request number, and download the data into a excel sheet,. here his is the data which was wrongly loaded.

the transaction name to view a cube is 'LISTCUBE'

To clean the backup cube, you can even delete the request and the whole bad data is deleted permanently. This is how you should clean the cubes

2) coming to planning area, If it is DP planning area, you will have two types of data History and Future, based on history we create future. So if the history load was wrong for that particular day, then forecast would have been wrong too, making the future data wrong. You should probably delete the whole history and start from scratch. This you can handle by deinitializing the planning area. Considering the situations like this we normally take backup of the Planning areas into a cube, you can now use the cube's data to recreate wrong day -1 day's planning situation,.

Thanks,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

The cube normally has both char and Kf (and dates)

your MC62 uses the char to create the CVCs.

its possible that your wrong load had the wrong set of data to create char and your cube has some value that will not create the CVCs due to restrictions on the characterisitics (such as length) which might have been different in the cube

your uploading the new file again would not remove the part of the cube that you have added wrongly

What you can try to do is

delete the request which loaded the wrong data(you can identify it in the monitor by the time and date)

Try the rest of the steps again for create MPOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

De-initializing the planning area after taking a back-up will get rid of the data in live-cache time series. You can delete the data in the upload cube and re-load the data from the spreadsheet, which should ensure a clean set of data in the infocube and you can create the CVC's based on the infocube and re-load the data into the planning area.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

please, can yo indicate how can I delete the Info Cube?

Thanks,

Renata