cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

record validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, I am new to mdm i have learnt some mdm console and data manager. now i am feeling problem in writing expersions in record validation. I understand them well but dont know how to write this. can anybody give me example for this.

good luck..

Jyoti

Edited by: Jyoti Khanna on Mar 24, 2008 2:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

I have one text field named 'Product Name' in my main table and I want to restrict it not less then 10 character.

I did the following in validtion experesson

LEN(Proudct Name)<10

After then I tried to enter a product having less than 10 character but the validation did not work.

can anyone let me know the reason ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

I have one text field named 'Product Name' in my main table and I want to restrict it not less then 10 character

For this, I think that the correct Validation should be

LEN(Product name)>=10

Hence if the product name is atleast 10 characters, then only the records will pass the Validation.Otherwise, it will fail the Validation.Hence your Validation will fulfill your requirement.

LEN(Proudct Name)<10

After then I tried to enter a product having less than 10 character but the validation did not work.

According to the Validation that you have written, if the product name is less than 10, the records will pass the Validation. That is why, your Validation is not Working.

Hope it helps.

*Please reward points if useful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nitin and All

thanks for help

Actually what i was doing . I was taking it as per programming rule.

Well thanks again dear..

Regards

Jyoti

Edited by: Jyoti Khanna on Mar 25, 2008 8:17 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from help.sap.com,you can refer following link,it will help implement tricks and rules to write validations,assignment expressions

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/102dc4e5-07c9-2910-93b3-f49c8ed5...

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Validations are used to verify or test some conditions on any records.

For this, you need to create a Validation in Data manager and write a Validation Expression for that Validation.

For ex. a very simple Expression can be :

1) IS_NOT_NULL( field) - This will check whether the Field is Mandatory field.

2) IF((Field1 = "TRUE"), IS_NOT_NULL(Field2)) - This will check that if Field 1 has a value TRUE, then Field2 should not be empty.

Hence various Validation Expression can be made depending upon the business requirement. For some more examples, you can go through the links given in above posts.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jyoti,

I ts is difficult to write the whole process of validation expression. so go through the below mentioned link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e0615f82b40a2ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

please reward points if helpfull

regards

neethu

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hello alok.

thanks a lot. the links you gave are really helpfull.

thanks again for help

regards

jyoti khanna