cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3_BACKEND Business System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to complete a SAP example which was taught at a developer course.

The purpose of the exercise is to implement a simple one-way, asynchronous link between a file sender and the R3 system, using XI.

When I'm configuring the Receiver Determination at the Integration Directory, it is said to choose the existing service for the target R/3 system R3_BACKEND. The problem is that the spec R3_BACKEND doesn't exist.

I suppose i have to create a new service at the SLD named R3_BACKEND which will consist of a RFC connection to a R/3 system. Is this the right way of having the service available? Can you help me with another suggestions?

Thank you all for your attention

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to implement an asynchronous scenario then do not use BAPI or RFC (these are more suitable for a synchronous scenario). Instead use an IDOC or an ABAP proxy on the receiver SAP system.

You have to add a new Technical system to the SLD then associate a Business system to it. After you have done that then you can go to the integration builder/dir and add this service to your scenario. Depending whether or not you are using IDOCs you will need to configure an IDOC receiver comunication channel for this system.

Cheers, Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your kick answer Roberto

I should had mentioned that I'm new at XI and some questions may seem really obvious.

Your answer was really helpful because it helped me clearing some doubts which were in my mind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry..."kick" should be quick

After configured the comm channel for the idoc receiver, and with the receiver determination, interface, sender and receiver agreement concluded I activated the change lists.

The result wasn't what I was expecting because i didn't got any generated IDOC. I checked the connections which were created and they were ok. I was able to remote logon to the server so maybe the problem is not from the connection.

I tested with SXMB_MONI but the result was zero messages available.

In the backend R/3 system, I tried we05 and got zero IDOCS with the data I was expecting.

Does anyone have any idea...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goncalo,

Can you be more specific and tell us what kind of scenario are you trying to implement? From your error description I assume it is an inbound IDOC scenario. If this is the case and assuming you have done all preconfiguration before (ALE settings, RFC connections, XI accounts on R/3 system, SLD configuration), then you need to make sure you have followed the following steps:

1)Create an IDOc port on the XI machine using TRX IDX1. Eventually, you can check you connection to the R/3 system by running TRX IDX2.

2) You have created all necessary objects in the repository. Perform a simple unit test of your IDOC in the mapping tool and also make sure you have filled in the correct values in the control record.

3) Setup an integration scenario in the configuration, create/check the IDOC receiver communication channel.

3a)Before you run through the test, perform TRX SLDCHECK on XI in order to check the SLD connection.

Cheers,

R

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario I'm trying to implement is an inbound IDOC scenario.

I've configured the rfc connections on R/3 and the SLD; the ALE settings and XI accounts were already configured.

Thanks for your guidance describing the steps for the correct implementation.

In step1 I was missing the creation of the IDOC port on the XI machine. The connection to the R/3 system is fine.

In step2, the mapping produced no errors. Nevertheless, in the control record (EDI_DC40) I disabled the field maybe that is the problem.

Step3, the IDOC receiver communication channel was created and checked.

Step3a, the connection to SLD was checked and was ok.

I still have some doubts. When all the process is finished and the change list is activated, the IDOC should be automatically generated on the R/3, right?

Detailed description of my scenario:

I have a scenario with the following components.

Test_Scenario

-Service without party

- Business System

-- Legacy_bs

--Communication channel

--- File adapter: File (reads from a .xml)

-- R3_BACKEND

--Communication channel

--- File adapter: IDOC

-Receiver Determination

-- Legacy_bs |Vendor_out

-Interface Determination

-- Legacy_bs | Vendor_out | R3_BACKEND

-Sender Agreement

-- Legacy_bs | Vendor_out ||

-Receiver Agreement

-- Legacy_bs || R3_BACKEND | CREMAS.CREMAS03

I'm not finding any mistakes on the configs...Any ideas?

Thanks

Gonçalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way for watching the status of the communication channel? Some kind of log showing the actions which were turned on during the process of sending the xml file?

I'm asking this question to try to narrow the possibilities of error...Was the channel badly created?

Are the configs (Sender/receiver agreement, receiver or interface determination) wrong?

Can anyone suggest anything?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goncalo,

You can monitor your communication channel using runtime workbench.

Go to Integration Builder->Runtime Workbench-> Component Monitoring -> Click on Display -> Choose Adapter Engine -> Adapter Monitoring -> Then Choose your adapter type.

or directly go to

http://<your server>:<J2EE port>/mdt/amtServlet

-> choose your adapter type and adapter

and you can see the status of your communication channel .

Regards

Anand

Message was edited by: Anand Torgal

Answers (0)