cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System.OutOfMemoryException On SBOItem Synching Of Web Tools 625

Former Member
0 Kudos

After installing the newest version of Web Tools, v625, and synching the new data, I get the following error:

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at SAPbobsCOM.CompanyClass.GetBusinessObject(BoObjectTypes Object)
   at NetPoint.SynchSBO.SBOObjects.SBOPriceBrowser..ctor(Company company, SecurityTicket st)
   at NetPoint.SynchSBO.SBOObjects.SBOItem.SBOToNetPoint(SBOQueueObject qData)
   at NetPoint.SynchSBO.SynchObjectBase.Synch()

This error appears once for each SBOItem that tries to synch for about 1700 of our 10000+ SBOItems. After that the SynchManager stops. Everything up to that point seems to synch OK. Why would this be happening? There is ample space on my HD, 2Gb of RAM, and the peak memory request hasn't gone past 2.8Gb. Do I need another 2Gb of RAM? Is it possible that SynchManager blew up while Windows was allocating more Virtual Memory, in which case should I permanently set it to at least 4Gb?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

If memory serves me, this happens because B1 has the trace turned on.

The solution is to open your
SAP\SAP Business One\Log\b1LogConfig.xml and turn the trace off.

Check to see that the trace attribute is set to 0 on the B1logger.

<b1logger Mode="A" MaxFileSize="5" MaxNumOfMsg="500" LogStack="0" Activate = "1">
         <Components SystemMessage="1" SQLMessage="0" Trace="0" General="1" StockTool="0" Upgrade="0" Performance="0">
   	<Component name="SystemMessage">
   		<Severities Note="0" Warning="0" Error="1" CriticalError="1" BeProtective="1" AuditFailure="1">
   			<Severity name="BeProtective" LogStack="1"/>
   		</Severities>
   	</Component>

</Components>
         <Severities Note="0" Warning="0" Error="1" CriticalError="1" BeProtective="1" AuditFailure="1"/>
   </b1logger>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shane, that seemed to fix it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On second thought, this didn't fix it at all. Any other thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

A number of people were having this issue a couple of months ago.

It was determined to be a bug in the DI API which was fixed in B1 2005 p41 or later. I thought switching the flag was sufficient to fix this but you may need to upgrade B1.

Is there anyone who has gone through the upgrade that can verify that this will fix the problem?

Also, this problem does not exist in B1 2007.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shane, if you'd like, go ahead and post a message and I'll give you the credit for this, seeing as you were the one who gave me the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the thought, Michael

We probably deserve a little punishment for that one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have had this System.OutOfMemoryException error and this error seems to be disappeared after the upgrade of Business one.

Regards,

Mohan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To anybody interested, this problem was solved in v627. In the meantime, I have created a workaround that synchs batches of items during the initial synch. By setting all objects to "Skip" instead of "InQueue" after Initialize Synch was completed, I could effectively tackle the problem in chunks, reducing the amount of memory required to synch.