cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partner determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one please tell me that during partner determination we assign partner function to partner procedure , then we assign partner procedure to account group , this means that partner function is indirectly assigned to account group , then why in the third step we assign partner function to account group .

Regards,

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we can def pdp to doc types also,in that case,it gets the customer related data from cm

that is indirectly from account group.it gets pf..so,in the first case,while def pdp for cust,we give all the permitted pf to account group,and in the sec case also we do the same,so that it picks up the data related to pf exactly

if u dont define pf to account groups,in either case,sys will not understand as what value to be taken,for eg,if you take std pf while def pdp for cust and ur own defined pf for pdp of doc types

system will not give the pf values in the doc

as to match up the pf values in cm and doc types,we need to define the pf to account group also

this is my understanding

i might be wrong also..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks the reply was helpful i will try to explore more on this.

Regards,

Aditya.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya,

The Partner procedure assignment to the accoun group will be taken place only for when you do the partner dtermination for the customer not for the others like Sales document hesder,sales document item etc..

Here the partner dtermination procedure will be asigned to the Sales document type and Itemcategory not for the account group.

Based on the assignments of partner functions to the account group only the customer functions will be defined.

Example:- If you take Sold to party account group,if you create Master data with that Sold to party account group partner functions SP,BP,SH and PY will come automatically.

If you create master data with Ship to party account group only SP and SH partner functions will come

Through the Partner procedure we can control that partner function are mandatory or not modifiable in that accoun group.

I hope it will clear for you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murli ,

I was talking about partner determination for customer master .

We follow the above 3 steps which i have mentioned. What is the need of assigning partner function to acccount group when it is already assigned indirectly in the second step .

Regards,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Partner function to Account Group assignment: This tells which account group records can perform this particular partner function.

Example: If you assign

SH to Account group: 0001

SH to Account Group: 0002

then this means records created in Account Groups 0001 & 0002 only can perform this Partner function SH.

Where as in the configuration you have mentioned is completely different. It states...

which partner functions should be allowed to add to a particular customer master record.

Example:

Partner functions in Partner Procedure

ZAG - Sold-to partner procedure

SP - Sold-to Party

SH - Ship-to Party

BP - Bill-to Party

PY - Payer

ZA - border crossing

Partner procedure to Account Group Assignment

ZAG - 0001 sold-to party

In the above example, only SP, SH, BP, PY & ZA can be added to a record created in Sold-to account group. System will not allow you to add any other partner funtions other than these in that customer master record.

Hope this helps you to understand. Reward points it this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there may be classification in terms of partner function also.

e.g. A partner has two accounts, wherein if he is dealing with two products B and C with your company.

If he wants that whatever dealing of product B occurs that should be posted to XYZ account, while dealing of C should go to MNO account.

so for this account grp is determined inspite of partner determination function.

also there is third condition to which partner determination procedure relies upon:

item categories for which it is valid.

regards,

Siddharth.