cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Date in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i am trying to create a sale Order and entering the requested delivery date as 21.05.2008,system is giving me a warning message like "Date 18.03.2008 is in the past".

The same message appers when i am entering the line item also.I have treid this with a combination of materials and req. del. dates.

When i check the header details, system is talking the document date as 18.03.2008 automatically, i dont understand why..?

All the other dates like pricing date,billing date etc gets calculated correctly.I have also checked the system date,becoz as far as i know, there is no configuration for document date as system automatically takes the current date as document date.

I dont understand from where it is getting this date "18.03.2008"???

Can someone please advise, as itz very urgent.

Thankz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka ,

Please check the order type in VOV8 which you are taking . In the order type check for the lead time in days . Just increase the lead time to make it till 21st , and check the proposed delievery date .

Reward if it helps

Regards,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There has to be some changes performed otherwise system will not behave like this...i mean till yesterday it's working fine and the next day you find out that correct date is not getting picked up.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priyanka

As you would be aware there are two servers, one is data base server and another one is application server. Please check the dates for both these servers.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmi,

I'll do that, but my issue is that, it was wrking perfectly till 18th..? what happened after that...?

datz what is bothering me.

Regard;s

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

LIS Configuration will not have impact on Date at Transaction Level.

I would like to recommend that try executing the transaction in Debug Mode along with an Abaper. It might be easier to identify from where the date is being captured & also if the root cause is known, it will be simpler to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmi,

I'll do that, but my issue is that, it was wrking perfectly till 18th..? what happened after that...?

datz what is bothering me.

Regard;s

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Check your OS level configs..............Document date is taken by SAP from the operating system level.

Check if there were any patches applied or any need to be applied with your techincal team.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

The title of your post is "Document date" but the initial post contains the words "Requested delivery date".

If the Req dely date is causing the problem it could be that there are some offsets built into the system (pick/pack time, transport time etc.) that are driving the Material availability date into the past ??

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Normally, Document date is taken by SAP from the Operating system level. Please check the date maintained at the OS level i.e. Check the date maintained at the boot config level.

Hope it helps............

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

If its a Production system, is there any transaction that needs to run at the end of each business day which sets the current date to the next date.

Like i get this doubt because in my earlier project we used to have a transaction at the end of the day, which closes the current day and marks the next day as current date.

Rgds

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priyanka,

If it is document date, then please cross check with your basis guy, as document date will always be the date maintained as your system date.

Regards,

N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitesh

i have checked it in system status, it shows correct dates.

Besides all transactions were working correctly,except afetr 18th...? i dont understand the reason behind that...

There is surely some configuration that has taken place.

And i have cross-checked that no BASIS activity was performed on the server

Regard;s

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The pricing date is proposed based on the setting you make in the Sales document configuration. ( T code : VOV8)

You have a field" Prop.f.pricing date " in the Requested delivery date / pricing date / purchase order date segment.

Then you can choose the follwoing options:

Blank - Indicates the current date as the pricing date

A - Indicates the date based on the requested delivery date

B - Indicates the date based on the order validity start from date

regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks siddharth,

But we are not talking about Pricing date here, we are talking of document date.

Regard;s

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has it got anythingt o do with LIS configuration....?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Priyanka,

One possibility i can think of is:

If you are working in customized environment it might be flowing from some interface/enhancement via a hard code or something else.

Just try to find out if there are any enhancements interface related to VA01 and try analyzing those.

Hope it helps

Regards

Abhishek

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priyanka

Apart from the suggestions given, you can also check the SAP server or just check with your basis team for server date.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No

i am not creating these orders with reference to any preceding document,nor there is any user-esit governing the same.

Laxmi, i have checked the server date and dat too is correct.

The strangest part is that all this is happening only in the current orders.all previous orders were correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

are you creating sales orders with reference to quotations or other documents? if so, there may be copy controls or user exits that are taking the requested delivery dates from these documents into your sales orders.

regards.

p.s.

look into VTAA if 'complete reference' has been checked between your inquiry/quotation and sales document.

Edited by: jonathan yap on Mar 24, 2008 6:49 PM

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pls check whether document date is hardcoded somewhere in the user exit.